MC operator

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by Deerspy, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Deerspy

Deerspy Member

thinking about getting the MC operator and my question is are these put together with better parts than the RO, I have the RO in 45acp it has a lot of under size and out of round pins and bushings, was thinking maybe they put the more expensive ones together with better fit parts? I will no doubt take a big hit on RO trading it in but just think I got lemon and want a better 1911.

2. IwasReloading

IwasReloading New Member

I am new to 1911's. I bought my first one a few months back and I got the MC Operator. I was looking at buying the Range Officer at first but once I found the MC Operator I got it instead. I absolutely love the MC Operator. It is extremely accurate and after around 500+ rounds I haven't had one malfunction. Like I have said I'm new to 1911's. I have never owned the Range Officer nor have I shot one but I am extremely happy with MC Operator.

3. Deerspy

Deerspy Member

I got MC operator now to find a scope mount that will clamp to rail and long enough to mount 1 inch ultradot on.
    it is put together with better parts than the RO except for barrel bushing still over size. I must just be lucky I here about how some get one with less than .0005 fit my RO had.0032 and the MC I just got has .0025 but it does fit slide better than the RO did, will have to shoot to see.

4. animonkey

animonkey New Member

I'm gonna be picking up my MC Operator this week. Can't wait! Here's an interesting vid that features the Operator and RO. Interesting watch.
    http://youtu.be/BSlRdjobbAg

5. Deerspy

Deerspy Member

I would like to put a 1 inch ultra dot on mine that uses the rail to attach but can't find one long enough, I looked at that MAKO brand but it only has 6 slots and you need 7 minimum, and 8 would be better, any one know of one?
    I really like the looks of the Weigand mount but you have to drill frame to make it fit.

6. Deerspy

Deerspy Member

first trip to range, need to find out how to adjust sights shoots 6 inch high and 4 inch left at 25 yards. any tips on moving this type sight (never had one you could not due with screw driver)?