MC operator vs Long Beach...help please

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by nolaguy83, Dec 13, 2015.

1. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

After a trip to the local gun store I noticed a Long Beach operator sitting in the case. Originally I had dreamed of a TRP however I noticed the MC operator is quite the pretty gun. Now having finally seen a Long Beach in person I think my heart has found its true desire. Can anyone tell me the ups and downs. I understand the Marine Corps has front strap checkering and that Long Beach is smooth. However the Long Beach has it magwell and the MC doesn't. If you were to put those two options together I'm guessing you would have a TRP. However between the MC and the Long Beach I feel the Long Beach with the two piece magwell to be more functional considering it adds an extra round to the magazine. Any thoughts help

2. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

Thanks anyway guys...too late ...[​IMG]

3. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Man that's nice! You're gonna enjoy that.

4. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

I'm really looking forward to it. I really felt guilty also spending that kind of money on myself when I don't even by myself clothes I'm wearing clothes that are five years old. But some family and close friends convinced me that it's Christmas time and I deserve a gift for myself. Not that my Range Officer wasn't already a gift to myself earlier this year. But now I feel that I have the collection I need to start with

5. jflytle

jflytle New Member

I personally like the front strap checkering (30lpi) and went with the TRP, since I don't really need a rail. Though, the MC Operation could follow me home.

6. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

I was going to go with the TRP I've been drooling over it for a long time. But when I actually realized I was going to cough up the money to purchase one for another hundred I could have got the TRP. At that point before I fork the money over I ask my buddy at the shop which one he would prefer and ultimately he said the Long Beach its just a personal preference. Although I do love the TRP I have to say I'm a bit in love with the Long Beach

7. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

The only real difference between these two models other than the front strap checkering is the recoil spring set up as well as the pressure. According to Springfield Long Beach has a 18 and a half and the TRP has a 16 which really is irrelevant

8. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

"too late" LOL

Congratulations! Have you had the chance to fire it yet? What are your thoughts?

9. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

My thoughts. After 100 rounds exactly I'm beyond satisfied. It doesn't leave much to be desired. Recoil is beyond manageable if not less than the 9 millimeter chambering in the officer model. The wait up front really helps keep it manageable the muzzle rise. In the trigger right out the box feels is crisp and smooth as I've ever felt on any 1911 not handle the few Kimbers Springfield + 1 Nighthawk. Very very good gun I do advise if anyone has the opportunity and pick one up jump on it.

10. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

Excise my speak to txt...weight