Maine is on the move....Just a matter of time

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by ybnorml, Jun 2, 2015.

1. ybnorml

ybnorml New Member

AUGUSTA, Maine — The Maine House of Representatives on Monday voted 83-62 to approve a bill lifting the state’s permit requirement for carrying a concealed handgun.

The vote Monday is the culmination of a decades-long effort by gun-right advocates to remove restrictions on lawful gun owners and follows a 21-14 vote in the state Senate last week that also removed the permit requirement.

It is expected the bill, LD 652, sponsored by Sen. Eric Brakey, R-Auburn, will be signed into law by Gov. Paul LePage, making the state the sixth without any permit requirements for carrying a hidden firearm.

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

You all must trust your neighbors a helluva lot more than I do mine to think this is a good thing. Sure, I think the application process in my area is onerous, and I resent having to take a training class from some yahoo that can't hold down a regular job, but I'd hate to think that my neighbor who feels unlimited power coursing through his body when he's behind the wheel of his car would be feeling the same sense of empowerment when he's walking his dog:

"Hey Larry, pick up that dog poop!"

"Yeah punk? Take this!"

I already have to pull over and give him a 5 minute lead if he happens to be driving behind me, or suffer being tailgated, honked at, and offered a proctological exam. And I don't drive slow. If he could carry, I'd have to down him with the Mercox and embed a transmitter in his gut to know when it was safe to water my lawn.

3. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Am I the only one that finds it odd that states are all of a sudden doing things for the gun owner? Here in SC they are working on not requiring a CWP to carry a gun. Other states have done the same. I am very skeptical of the sudden love for gun owners.

4. pokute

They want us out in the open where they can pick us off with their magnetically targeted directed energy weapons.

Politicians will say or do anything (that doesn't cost them) for a vote. Remember before AIDS when they used to kiss babies? Before the Mexican Cheese Co. Inc. of Wisconsin started selling tainted cheese, they would have breakfast with a bunch of senile Rotarians at Denny's every week (actually with the Lion's at Hobo Joe's in my neighborhood . Ugh. Hobo Joe's. Talk about a poor choice of names! The picture on the sign of the smiling guy with the whiskers, cigar butt on a toothpick, and flies buzzing around his head was mightly inviting).

5. ybnorml

ybnorml New Member

Maine has been an 'open carry' state for a while now. All the CCP did was to allow me to wear a coat over my legally carried pistol....
    I'm sure there will be a few more people carrying now...we'll see how it all works out.

6. Straightwall

Straightwall New Member

There will be BLOOD IN THE STREETS, I tell ya'! I know this because the people wearing orange yesterday told me.

7. pokute

Open Carry is like wearing a T-Shirt that says - "I have $1000 in my wallet if you see me wearing this T-Shirt". One nitwit in San Diego got knocked out and robbed of his gun 3 times... By the third time he was carrying a Hi-Point so that all he had to cry about was the concussion and stitches. Blood in the streets. Exactly. I saw this woman get out of a BMW with one of those stupid gun purses and even I was tempted to try for a polished stainless S&W or PPK with pearl grips without a 10 day waiting period.

If it happened in movies the way it really happens on the streets in Hollywood, the movies would be pretty short and boring. Charles Bronson would be laid out before he even started getting chatty. Get his head knocked clean off with a basketball.

8. pokute

Sorry, yes I am in a bad mood and no, it has nothing to do with this subject. Just channeling constructively.