SpringFieldForum.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here so forgive me if it has already been discussed but I was wondering what are some good aftermarket stocks for an M1A? I bought an M1A right before I left home (currently serving in Afghanistan) and I'm looking to upgrade the stock when I return home. I think the Sage stock is crap because I use an M14 with the Sage stock and do not like it. Any input? Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's too late to wish you a Merry Christmas, but I'll give you my 2 cents on M14 stocks. I prefer USGI wood or fiberglass or SAI walnut stocks. But, really the only experience I have with other aftermarket stocks is an Archangel. It is just too heavy and didn't fit me well.

Thanks for your service lugi!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Add me to the List that prefers Wood, I got a Nice Tiger stripped one to Replace the FACTORY fiberglass, I know fiberglass is supposed to be better for warping or rather the lack thereof and I know had the Military stayed with the M14 the plan was for all to sport fiber glassed stocks, But there is just something about the Wood I like, Maybe it just stands out better since no matter what kind of weapon it is these days, They all seem to sport Black Stocks.

TJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts