Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I purchased a non osp hellcat and would like to know if anyone has information on changing it to an osp slide? I’m not sure if it’s cheaper to trade it in or send it out for millwork! Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated. Also any recommendation’s on e we whom to use.

·
Registered
Hellcat w/RMRcc/XD-S Mod.2 OSP w/CT1500
70 Posts
As far as I know Springfield does not sell just a slide, and I have never seen an optic cut one for a Hellcat for sale on it's own, which kind of makes sense if you can't buy just a slide from Springfield to cut and then sell.

In looking at other brands where you can get a slide, it is almost always cheaper to have the one you have cut than to buy one. This is especially true if you have to pay someone to move the various parts and pieces from the old one to new, and get the sights lined up again, although it is something you can do yourself.

For my non-OSP Hellcat I went with a Trijicon RMRcc and a dovetail plate. I've used the plates on various other pistols with different red dots and have never had a problem. Here's a picture of my Hellcat and Shield Plus with their Trijicon plates and RMRcc's, along with the P365X which has the cut for the Romeo Zero.
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
102 Posts
My last three pistols have been OR OSP RMR ready when I bought them = SIG P365XL, Hellcat OSP & Shield Plus OR
I haven't gotten a Red Dot for my Shield Plus O.R. YET!
Have a Romeo Zero on the SIG & Hellcat BTW

The Striker Fired Slimline Polymer Framed Six Pack Carry Pistols
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Technology

When I mounted my Red Dot on the Hellcat the manual says .095" Protrusion of the mounting screws = Close to three threads & No More
The screws will go into the channel of the extractor spring & the other will bottom out in the slide
I had to cut the screws down which was easy for me, but others may not be as skilled with tools as others
The screws are M4 Metric BTW & NOT the same as my S&W M&P Shield OR Needs...
Purple Cosmetics Personal care Tool Material property

I removed the extractor + spring, retainer & pin so I could see down the channel after installing to MAKE SURE the screw was not protruding into the channel which it
WAS NOT... Also, a great time to clean the striker safety in the slide as it is removed when the extractor is removed + clean hole opening with a dry Q-tip & reassemble

Purple Wood Musical instrument accessory Musical instrument Event

Product Black Automotive tire Font Motor vehicle

Font Parallel Auto part Engineering Event
Product Font Gesture Art Auto part

I also U Notch cut the rear of the Red Dot SIG Romeo Zero to better allow for Co-Witness of the rear to front site by lowering the allen screw & notching the red dot & then backing it back out afterwards = It worked quite well BTW
Revolver Wood Trigger Air gun Gesture
Purple Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel Machine

·
Registered
102 Posts
This what I saw before cutting the U notch in the rear of the optic
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel
Hand Photograph Trigger Air gun Revolver

I just couldn't live with that BUT YMMV
Also, that brass on the rear cover plate was removed with some Hoppes #9

As stated above AFAIK Springfield does not sell slides & they are a serialized part as is the barrel & frame on these as they come from Croatia from HS Produkt
You MIGHT find a parts gun on GunBroker though, I have never seen a Springfield Hellcat but am sure they get cut up too & sold as parts by Gun Busters

·
Registered
1 Posts
As far as I know Springfield does not sell just a slide, and I have never seen an optic cut one for a Hellcat for sale on it's own, which kind of makes sense if you can't buy just a slide from Springfield to cut and then sell. In looking at other brands where you can get a slide, it is almost always cheaper to have the one you have cut than to buy one. This is especially true if you have to pay someone to move the various parts and pieces from the old one to new, and get the sights lined up again, although it is something you can do yourself. For my non-OSP Hellcat I went with a Trijicon RMRcc and a dovetail plate. I've used the plates on various other pistols with different red dots and have never had a problem. Here's a picture of my Hellcat and Shield Plus with their Trijicon plates and RMRcc's, along with the P365X which has the cut for the Romeo Zero. View attachment 3408
Where did you find a dovetail plate? I'd like to add a RDS to my non OSP Cat. Way too man upgrades to even consider selling it for a lesser Pro.

·
Registered
Hellcat w/RMRcc/XD-S Mod.2 OSP w/CT1500
70 Posts
Where did you find a dovetail plate? I'd like to add a RDS to my non OSP Cat. Way too man upgrades to even consider selling it for a lesser Pro.
The plate for the RMRcc is a Trijicon part. I really didn't do much research on what else is out there for the non-OSP Hellcat since the RMRcc was always a part of the plan for the thing.

The only other one I know about is from ADE, which is supposed to work with a Vortex Venom or Viper, two other red dots I like, along with the other optics that share the Doctor/Noblex footprint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts