Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lenny Magill in this video endorses Condition 3 carry.

It seems like most people (including me) carry in Condition 0 with a good holster.

How are the currently active members carrying--loaded or empty chamber?

·
215 Posts
Striker gun, condition 0 in an owb kydex holster.
Lenny can carry anyway he sees fit. I'm a little surprised he chooses to carry in condition 3 but in certain circumstances it may be advantageous. Of course in other situations it may be a detriment. Situational awareness and paying attention cannot be stressed enough.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Apologies. I have never seen a more amateurish video on CCW. On a Glock, if one needs to know if the chamber is loaded or not one does not and i say again not have time to check if the LCI is active. You put it on your person, you know what you loaded, you require your pistol to engage an liniment threat, your call. To me years ago, i carry, it was loaded and functioning and if required all i need to do was draw if the threat was imminent. If someone like Mossad agents are taught differently as they are, so be it. To me carrying a firearm unloaded and or chamber empty is like carrying a 1.5 - 2lbs metal slab for no reason.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Another apology, but thinking about my post above it shows i was switched off. Should someone who is carrying and is uncertain what his/her load is, what the status of their firearm is what would actually in the real world happen if? If they drew their pistol in plain view to check if the LCI showed it was actually in battery, or checked their 1911 to see if a live round was in the chamber there would be a real possibility they would be shot for actually drawing a firearm and rightly so. There is a moral to this story.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If one chooses to carry with an empty chamber, they better become very proficient with Israeli carry.

Reactions: RevV

·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fact checking has become increasingly difficult because it is easy to spread information--true or otherwise. That said, I have heard that "Israeli Carry" originated because shortly after the nation was (re)formed in 1948, their soldiers were armed with assorted kinds of handguns--whatever the new governemnt could procure. "Israeli Carry" was taught so that soldiers with different kinds of handguns could train together and so that any soldier could use any other soldiers' weapons. That technique will work with ANY pistol.

·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cannot imagine even needing to press check a gun was I carrying. I check it BEFORE I put it on. I would not carry a gun without knowing whether a round was chambered. To me, that is irresponsible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I choose to carry my 1911 locked and cocked and have done so since I was a pup. I don't care how fast you are on racking the slide, you will never be as fast as someone's trigger finger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts