Laser recommendation...

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by Paco123, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Paco123

Paco123 New Member

Good evening everyone. I have an XD mod 2 that I recently purchased. I am considering adding a laser sight. After looking, I like a couple Crimson Trace models. The DS-123 and the LG-489. Pricing is $85-249. My attempt to scout out options aside, what recommendations do you have? Would love feedback on any and all. Thanks in advance.

John

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

I have a Crimson Trace laser grip on my Bersa .380 and a Crimson Trace rail laser on my Ruger SR40c,I love them both.

3. Paco123

Paco123 New Member

4. lennyk

lennyk New Member

I'm Leaning Towards This "Little" Beauty...;)

TruGlo Micro-Tac Tactical Picatinny Red Laser Sight TG7630R

Attached Files:

5. ednav

ednav New Member

I would highly recommend the TruGlo Micro-Tac Green Laser. I just bought and mounted it on my XD 40 Subcompact and was impressed with how small it was and how easy it was to align. Being able to alternate between steady and pulse beams only adds to its appeal.:D

6. ThreeTango

ThreeTango Well-Known Member

While I think the green lasers are easier to see, like SH I have Crimson Trace red lasers on two of my pistols and they are effective and the battery power on both is long term.

7. Michael

Michael New Member

Michael

Hey Ednav, could you post a picture of your mod2 40 with the Truglo MicroTac on it. I have a mod2 9 and have been considering that laser.

8. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

I have been thinking a lot about this one for my XDs 45. I am undecided as to which one to get, red or green. I have a red LaserMax on my Nano and a red LaserLyte on my LCP. I like both very well and they do not shift calibration.

My only reason for a laser is for very dim light or night time, not daytime. If you folks think green is the best overall choice then I'll get that one. I'm interested in your opinions.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  9. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

I guess no one was interested in commenting on my request for opinions so today I ordered a red Crimson Trace LG-469. I'm sure it will work fine. Thanks anyway.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  10. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Sorry about that,I thought of replying but all I have are red,never had a green one so I couldn't give an evaluated opinion on it.

11. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

No problem Jerry. I have been satisfied with the red lasers so I decided to get the best. Crimson Trace seems to have the most fans but it is not cheap. :)

Ken

12. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

Went to the range a couple of days ago to check out the Crimson Trace LG-469. It was very easy to sight in. I really like the way it activates.

[​IMG]