Springfield Armory Forums banner

Kel Tec Firearms

8K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  teddanson323 
#1 · (Edited)
Pictured below is my Kel Tec PF-9...one of three that I own ( my wife and daughter carry the other two as of this past Christmas {2011} ).

The PF-9 is a 9x19mm caliber, recoil operated, locked breech, double action only semi automatic pistol. It's manufactured in Cocoa, Florida by Kel-Tec CNC Industries. Featuring extensive use of CNC (Computer Numerical Control) manufacturing techniques, its 6 main components consist of the barrel, slide, frame, grip, trigger group, and magazine. The barrel is manufactured of AISA 4140 steel hardened to 48 RHC, and the slide is constructed of the same steel. The frame, which houses the trigger group, consists of a solid machined 7075-T56 aluminum billet. A transfer bar system connects thehammer and trigger. A hammer block safety is incorporated which helps prevent accidental discharge if the pistol is dropped. The long double-action-only trigger pull provides an additional safety feature. The pistol includes a slide hold-open feature which locks the slide in its rearmost position after the last round is fired. The grip is made ofduPont ST-8018 polymer and holds the steel, 7-round, single-column magazine. The sights consist of a fixed front blade and a windage-adjustable notched rear sight. Three white dots highlight the sights for optimum visibility in low-light conditions.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's a pic of "my ladies" Christmas presents...

I shot all of these pistols extensively before gifting them to my girls. Then they ran a few hundred rounds down range. Hopefully, they will never need them...

Besides the firearms, I put a big bottle of Breakfree CLP, a bore snake, and two boxes of Hornady Critical Defense 9mm ammo in each of their stockings.
I have all the practice ammo they could ever need...

#10 ·
The PF9 is probably my favorite...at least I put more rounds though it.

Somewhere over 5500 rounds...and have never changed a spring. I bought a set, but haven't gotten around to changing them out. Good shooter.

#20 ·
Kel Tec makes the sub in a variety of mag configurations.

The 9mm SUB-2000 can be configured in the following magazine types: GLK17, GLK19, S&W59, BERETTA92, SIG226.

The .40 SUB-2000 can be configured in the following magazine types: GLK22, GLK23, BERETTA96, S&W4006, SIG226.

#22 ·
I just got my Sub2000 the other day. I had ordered a few accessories for it, and already had them here waiting. I decided Wednesday night to check into the stock extension and the soft sided case on the Kel Tec webstore. The case was in stock, but the stock extension was out of stock.

Yesterday (Thursday) morning, I checked the site again and the extension showed in stock...so I quickly placed an online order for the case and extension. When I checked a few minutes later, the extension again showed out of stock.

The postman stopped by about an hour ago, with a nice box from Kel Tec. Inside were my new case and stock extension.

31 hours from order to delivery.

Can't beat that. Gotta love them.

#24 ·
That can happen when the extractor/firing pin retaining screw gets loose. We call it the "frankenbolt."
Make sure the firing pin it properly lined up and tighten that screw really tight. You may need a drop of loctite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.