Karambit Knives

Discussion in 'Knife and Blade' started by ThreeTango, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ThreeTango

ThreeTango Well-Known Member

Best way I know of to cut yourself if you don't practice a whole lot. ;)
    But one good (in close) fighting knife.

I have the Fox 599 Emerson model.

Here's a demo.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciTmC-SH_KE[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2016
  2. ThreeTango

Still practicing with my Fox 99 Emerson Karambit.
    Haven't cut myself yet and may get halfway decent with it in about 5 years. :D

Attached Files:

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Nice knife Top...

{ Kept waiting to see the demo guy slice a few fingers off with all that moving around... :rolleyes: ...think I'll stick to my 1911a1 }

4. ThreeTango

This knife is a last resort weapon for close quarters or a situation where you might not have a gun. It carries well hooked in a pants pocket and opens as you pull it out of the pocket.

Take a look at this video.

Practice,practice,practice.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7VIKWogXmk[/ame]

5. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Senior Member

6. ThreeTango

Still practicing with the Karambit and in close combat use.
    Still have all fingers and no cuts.;)

7. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Senior Member

A lesson on knife fights and Colts in Texas history.

"At one time, Williamson was commissioned by the president of the Republic of Texas to go to a distantcounty to hold a term of court. As was so often the case in nineteenth-century Texas, the county was divided into factions that spent most of the time cutting each other's throats. No courts had been held for years. The citizens had recently convened a meeting in which they adopted a resolution stating that no court should be held (afraid no doubt, of the numerous indictments for murder that would be forthcoming). When Judge Williamson took the bench, a lawyer rose up and read the resolution. When asked by the judge to cite authority for such a resolution, the lawyer pulled a Bowie knife, laid it on the table, and said, "This is the statute which governs in such cases."
    Judge Williamson, quick as lightning, drew his long pistol and, in an unmistakable tone, replied, "And this is the constitution which overrides the statute.” The court was held without conflict between the "statute" and the "constitution.""

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

9. larry1096

larry1096 New Member

It's good you're practicing. A Kerambit isn't an 'intuitive' knife, and is hard to use well without training and practice.

Remember to incorporate 'pulling' cuts into your training; if you have a heavy bag (and a training Kerambit) you can practice by pulling the bag well toward you, and practice the pulling cuts as it's 'going away'; if you have a dummy torso, it's even better.

Larry

10. ThreeTango

Thanks for the tip Larry, it's a slow but steady process (hobby) for me.