Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member of the XD forum for a while because I was planning on buying an XD 45 Tactical, but after I shot a 1911 Loaded Stainless model, I found that I loved shooting that model more. And tomorrow I am buying a Loaded Stainless model from my local gun dealer. Because I am in California, I have to wait until June 28th to puck it up. That's fine with me since that is my Birthday!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Congrats on getting a new SA 1911

Happy birthday in 11 days

Jim

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
You made the right choice. Folks in other states can buy the Range Officer, but here in CA, the Loaded is the best deal in a 1911 - Period. The stainless is very easy to care for. Are you in the L.A. area?

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry pokute, in answer to your question, I am in Orange County. Irvine to be exact. I'm hoping that, and that I am becoming an NRA pistol instructor in August will help in getting my CCW. I hear LA county is nearly impossible for a CCW

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
Our CCW's are controlled by police jurisdiction. So yur neighbor across the street can have a different set of hoops, and your neighbor down the block can have a third set of hoops. Where I live, we have to get a personal interview with some deskbound mental case, and take a live safety course. In Kern County, where I hope to be living in an underground bunker very soon, you just have to flag down the sherriff as he drives by, and he gives you a pack of gum with a CCW card in it and a discount coupon for the local tire store.

Everyone in Orange County looks just like Gunstar's avatar, so they have to cut them a little slack down there. I think that in "Teh Ohcee", as they call it, you have to be able to sing Brunhilde's Immolation to get your CCW. Gunstar appears to be having trouble with a high note in his pic. He may have to settle for a 9.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
That is a great avatar!!

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
I'm just surprised how it's done there. Here the whole State goes through the State Police down in Indy,the whole State has the same rules.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, California is not a gun friendly state. CCW has gotten a bit easier in some counties since they banned open carry in 2012

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Nope pokute. We fill out the application at the local police or sheriff's office depending on if we live in town or country,give them the money for the permit and postage etc,they mail it to Indy. Indy then sends us an appointment notice for finger printing,we go do that and then wait on the permit to be mailed to us if approved. If not we'll get a denial notice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Amazing looking Range Officer! I personally don't like the adjustable sights. The sight picture is too dark. Did you add the compensator?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts