Jhp ammo

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory EMP' started by Bubba1948, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Bubba1948

Bubba1948 New Member

My emp 9 does not like any hollow point ammo when you rack the first round.
    I clean my gun after each use ,twice a week! I've polished the ramp and still this happens. I have over 2k rds of ball ammo through the gun with no issues.
    Any ideas?

2. Newmey

Newmey New Member

Remington ultimate defense works in my EMP 9.

3. Bubba1948

Bubba1948 New Member

Thank you! I will hunt some down and give it shot!!

4. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Senior Member

Mine is OK with Federal HST.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I use the Hornady Critical Defense loads in all of my carry firearms...never a problem !!

6. Bubba1948

Bubba1948 New Member

Thanks all ! I did get some Remington and it worked just fine! So the way I look at it I'm going have my gunsmith polish the crap out of the ramp and see if that helps. Shooter 13 Hornady is what's giving me heartburn all my other 9s eat that stuff up! I'm just crossing my fingers it's not the gun my smithy should be able to tell me tomorrow ! Thanks again !!

7. Newmey

Newmey New Member

Bubba, let us know what you find? The Remington was suggested to me my a fellow EMPer who works at my local range. He said there are problems sometimes with hollow points catching on the way in. His idea was to use a hollow point where the hollowed circle was small and the rounded part of the bullet was large. Working at a range with lots of retail ammo for sale, he was able to show me the differences in the bullet faces. So the Remington ultimate defense is the only type put through my pistol and it has fed well. Other cheaper practice stuff that is not hollow point has worked fine.

8. Bubba1948

Bubba1948 New Member

Waiting on reply from Springfield armory to send the gun back for service?

9. Bubba1948

Bubba1948 New Member

Just got the ok from Springfield to send my emp back. My gun guy will be shipping it out today!

10. Bubba1948

Bubba1948 New Member

Just received my gun back from factory very quick turn around. They adjusted the extractor,recut the feed ramp and polished. Works just like it's supposed to with hollow point or any ammo. I'll give the service department 5 stars

11. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That's good to hear!!!!

12. CAV_Scout

CAV_Scout New Member

5 star service thats good to know . . . .as i just bought an EMP 4" 40cal . . .40's are a little more round with bullet points.
    Just hoping the recoil spring is up to the task for 40 snap