Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by appletown1, Mar 11, 2019.

1. appletown1

appletown1 New Member

Hello all, I have a XDS-9mm 3.3” edc . I took it to the range this past weekend, put about 60-70 rounds on it. All target ammo except maybe 8 were hollow point Hornady Critical Defense. Is it normal or a problem that the body side is “bulged out” some? The slide is nice & free, no miss fires or failure to feed issues, the gun was a pleasure to shoot. Just after bringing it home and cleaning I noticed the side was out some from the slide.....

Thanks in advance!! IMG_3230.jpg IMG_3229.jpg IMG_3228.jpg

2. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

That taper in the space between the rear barrel block and the ejection port looks normal.

3. ca survivor

ca survivor Member

the slide/barrel is fine, define “bulged out” if is fired case, the cases do span evenly after firing though.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020 at 4:28 PM
  4. msymms

msymms New Member

I see what you're talking about in the first picture. That doesn't look good IMO and I wouldn't put another round through it without taking it to a trusted gunsmith. It would be even better to send it to Springfield. I'm sure they would love to see this and they would be the best guys to make repairs. IMHO there is something wrong and I wouldn't trust firing it until that issue is resolved and I received a good, sensible explanation as to what happened.

5. ca survivor

ca survivor Member

are you joking ? or been sarcastic ? none of it, has room in a gun forum.

6. Tinyman

Tinyman New Member

I don't have a cat in this fight, but who were you directing you response to? The initiator who has a question? Responder #2 (thanks Michael for your service) #3 or #4?.

7. ca survivor

ca survivor Member

it was directed to msymms post #4

Post # 2 is the correct response. and #3 is me.

OP had legitimate concerns about his firearm maybe been a new gun owner or unfamiliar with that brand or type of firearm.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020 at 4:26 PM
  8. Tinyman

Tinyman New Member

Understand. If I have questions (even if they sound dumb) I'll be askin'. BTW, the "space" did look a little excessive to me.

Tinyman

9. ca survivor

ca survivor Member

Fortunate now days that we have forums that can ask questions, I had to learn by try and error, I'm in a bunch of forums, but for example on the Sig forum, I don't dear to answer a technical question because all I know about Sigs is firing them, 1911s, Glock, S&W revolvers, and SA, I know about.

10. Tinyman

Tinyman New Member

And the head dude comes back at you snarkey -- I am a new guy and ask a bunch too.