Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, forum newbie here...

Do you know if the barrels are interchangeable between the Hellcat 3.8" RDP & the Hellcat OSP 3"? Obviously, the compensator wouldn't work on the 3" barrel, but am I correct in thinking the guns would perform with either barrel?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey All, forum newbie here...

Do you know if the barrels are interchangeable between the Hellcat 3.8" RDP & the Hellcat OSP 3"? Obviously, the compensator wouldn't work on the 3" barrel, but am I correct in thinking the guns would perform with either barrel?
You are correct but guess what Springfield Armory will not sell you a barrel ! I think they should as I have an XDM 4.5. that came with a threaded barrel and I also wanted to purchase the Hell Cat Compensator and they wont sell that either . I wanted to buy the parts to up grade my Hell Cat to the RDP , Customer Service said the trigger group, barrel or comp is not yet available for sell .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct but guess what Springfield Armory will not sell you a barrel ! I think they should as I have an XDM 4.5. that came with a threaded barrel and I also wanted to purchase the Hell Cat Compensator and they wont sell that either . I wanted to buy the parts to up grade my Hell Cat to the RDP , Customer Service said the trigger group, barrel or comp is not yet available for sell .
Yep... Got the same messaging as you when I called SA... said that would alter the gun from how it was sold. I replied yes, that is the point. LOL

Funny how you're trying to upgrade yours and I'm trying to neuter mine and we face the same problem.

I found my solution with True Precision. This message from them a few days ago...

"We are sending some of the initial ones out to dealers in this next week. Dealers have the initial orders of several thousand (dealer list on website). They could start showing up with them in the next 5-10 days with more to come. The website wont have the Hellcats up until after the dealer backorders."

I found a barrel on one of the dealer sites, Ranier Arms. Not the color I wanted, but it will do for now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts