Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new to me EMP with a born date of 6 /2020 came with this style sights.
They are XS brand, I'm not sure they are OEM?
The front is a big bead night glow sight which is fine.
Are they OEM, or could they be a $100 upgrade by the PO?
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

·
215 Posts
I would say those are after market sights. I don't believe Springfield uses those as standard equipment.

·
215 Posts
I had a set of the XS (Big Dot) sights on a Glock 43. They were OK for quick acquisition on torso and larger paper targets. I could hit the vitals with them. But when I started shooting at smaller targets the accuracy suffered due to the front sight completely covering the target. I ended up swapping them out and eventually sold the 43.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It took a bit to get used to, I was accustomed to my SIG's 3 dots, but now decidedly the XS DOT the i sight picture is faster on target.
I considered replacing the XS rear sight on the EMP, now I'm not so sure I

In regard to the SIG 365, I had not handled a Hellcat yet when I bought e the SIG. My BOL bought the Hellcat, so we compared, he still has his Hellcat but bought a SIG as well. I, on the other hand did not reciprocate, I prefer the ergonomics on my SIG (I liked the Hellcat, just like the 365 better)

Attachments

·
215 Posts
The sights on the 365 are excellent. I shoot mine as well as I do some larger handguns.
Let us know how well you do with the Big Dot sights on your EMP. I have no doubt that sight acquisition will be fast. In a self defense situation they will serve you well. When I had them on my Glock 43, however, I was not able to be as precise hitting paper targets where I intended. Of course, it was a G43. I never shot it that well anyway. My EMP4 Champion has the two white dot rear sights with a red fiber optic up front. Very good shooter. It's a joy to have at the range.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My first impression after my first shooting session, I was not going to care for them....the EMP was shooting low.
I was not dotting the i , but rather 1/2 setting the dot below the horizon of the dove tail (in fact incorrectly aiming low)
I had never use an XS sight, and read about them on-line, once I realize my error, I solved my POA .

The PO had them installed on his one.
Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Shotgun Gas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts