Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum and I wanted to introduce myself. I'm retired from the Air Force and Northrop Grumman and have been living in Florida for about ten years.

I recently (like last week) got my new Range Officer Compact and loving it. From what I've read on the forum that's considered normal, so "Say Hey"!

Attachments

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum (again!), and yes, buying an SA 1911 is usually a far from disappointing experience!

Very fluffy kitty!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Very cool cat. Excellent pistol. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome from NE Florida. Thank you for serving our country.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Welcome to Sprinfield Forum

Congrats on the RO,,

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Geezer, nah man; not the "steel" of my first Colt. It's the 9mm Compact, thickest barrel I've ever seen and shoots better than I can.

·
Registered
99 Posts
great gun I just purchased mine about 3 weeks ago ...probably one of the finest firearms that I've had the pleasure of handling much less owning... Truly a beautiful piece proud Springfield owner here happy shooting guys

·
Registered
99 Posts
What does your Range Officer compact 9mm magazine look like? In the description it says that it is sold with two 8 round magazines...however my magazines only have enough witness holes to account for 6 plus the one on the top of the deck although I can force 8 in without too much of a problem... Does this mean that I only have a 7 round magazine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
7 rounds in the stainless mags (I ordered two more from Springfield). One in the chamber. If I should need more, I'll call my neighbor Ed

·
Registered
99 Posts
okay I just wanted to confirm because on the spec sheet on Springfield. Calm it claims they sell the Range Officer compact 9mm with 2 8 round magazines but the witness holes on the side of my magazine only count up to six holes plus the one that you would see on top but yet I could fit 8 so I think I'll just keep the standard 7 in it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts