Springfield Armory Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Some people--including myself a few years ago--carry only when they think they might encounter a threat.

A friend disabused me of that practice by asking me this question:

Do you wear your seat belt only when you expect to have a collision?
I carry every time I leave the security of my Home! If you see me in the street I am armed I might be concealed or open carrying depending on what I am doing.

Reactions: Hellcat58

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't either. But I know there are people on here who do, and if they are carrying while they are drinking, they are asking for trouble and loss of their conceal carry license.
I don't drink go to nightclubs or establishments that serve alcoholic beverages I don't go to watch Protest Marches or Riots or get involved in police matters.

Reactions: Hellcat58 and RevV

·
Registered
2 Posts
P.O.G.O. Pants On Gun On
I got into the habit several years ago. So now if I don't have it on I feel naked. Have a lock box in the vehicle so that if there is a place I can't carry (Post Office, Dr office, etc) it is secured in the vehicle. When I return, it goes back on my hip.

·
Registered
2021, Ronin 9mm, 5”
43 Posts
Some people--including myself a few years ago--carry only when they think they might encounter a threat.

A friend disabused me of that practice by asking me this question:

Do you wear your seat belt only when you expect to have a collision?
always

·
Registered
216 Posts
Cheesecake Factory

Went to Cheesecake Factory today. They had a sign stating that concealed carry was prohibited.

I considered choosing a different restaurant because I generally do not do business with companies that deny people their constitutional rights. However, I noticed that the sign prohibiting concealed weapons was not according to state code, and in SC, signs that do not meet the code are not legally binding.

Considering my options, I realized there was another way to spit in the face of a company denying my 2A rights: I ignored their not-up-to-code sign, kept my gun on, and enjoyed a great piece of cheesecake!
Hope you didn't leave a tip.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts