Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good answers! Thanks! My answer matches the consensus expressed here.

I only carry an extra mag to church (how terrible is it that such a thing makes sense!) and at malls, theaters, etc.

I do not always wear a firearm when at home, but I should because of this amazing statistic:

100% of home invasions happen in someone's home!

·
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like that--in theory.

However, in practice, there is a good chance that a carry permit recognized in all 50 states would have Federal involvement, and that is a TERRIBLE idea. If permits were federal, then a single election could negate our rights.

Plus, states like NY, CA, and NJ would lobby strongly against people having 2A rights on their turf.

I simply avoid visiting and spending my money in states that refuse my constitutional rights!

·
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheesecake Factory

Went to Cheesecake Factory today. They had a sign stating that concealed carry was prohibited.

I considered choosing a different restaurant because I generally do not do business with companies that deny people their constitutional rights. However, I noticed that the sign prohibiting concealed weapons was not according to state code, and in SC, signs that do not meet the code are not legally binding.

Considering my options, I realized there was another way to spit in the face of a company denying my 2A rights: I ignored their not-up-to-code sign, kept my gun on, and enjoyed a great piece of cheesecake!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cheesecake Factory

Went to Cheesecake Factory today. They had a sign stating that concealed carry was prohibited.

I considered choosing a different restaurant because I generally do not do business with companies that deny people their constitutional rights. However, I noticed that the sign prohibiting concealed weapons was not according to state code, and in SC, signs that do not meet the code are not legally binding.

Considering my options, I realized there was another way to spit in the face of a company denying my 2A rights: I ignored their not-up-to-code sign, kept my gun on, and enjoyed a great piece of cheesecake!
in Florida, those signs don't pack any sand, in the unlikely event that one is made, as having a gun, all they can do is ask you to leave.

·
Registered
88 Posts
not in a restaurant or store/mall, I went to a boat show and they had the no guns allowed sings, as I was explaining to the guy at the door with the metal detector that I had a CCW (some places they let you in) he was running the metal detector around me, it never pick up my gun and I was carrying a Sig 239, so go figure about signs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some people--including myself a few years ago--carry only when they think they might encounter a threat.

A friend disabused me of that practice by asking me this question:

Do you wear your seat belt only when you expect to have a collision?
I carry all the time from the time I get up until I go to bed. If I walk to the mail box I'm armed, and I live in a "nice" neighborhood.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts