How does that new RO shoot?

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by accunlmtd, Oct 3, 2015.

1. accunlmtd

accunlmtd New Member

After a couple hundred rounds to break it in, and do a bit of load development. Yup, she is a keeper. Pure stock, so far.
    3.8 Gr of 700 X and a 200 Gr LSWC (the Lee mold version of the H&G 68)

This is 15 rounds at 25 yards, slow fire off hand. Just need to move the sights a couple clicks over.

Plan is to put another 500 rounds thru it, then off for a trigger job, as it is a bit "catchy"

Very happy camper.

Al in Colorado

Attached Files:

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Excellent shooting. If you just replace the existing hammer, sear, and sear spring with EGW parts (just drop them in), and drop the mainspring to 19lbs, you will get a better trigger than most 'smiths can give you. EGW is justly proud of their fire control parts. The "catchy" you are feeling is the overweight mainspring screwing up the sear.

I don't get you 700X guys. Does your powder measure really throw that accurately? Mine surely does not.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

3. accunlmtd

accunlmtd New Member

Thanks for the tip, I will look up the EGW parts.

As to the 700x, my Dillon measure throws them right on the money...every time.
    Why 700x? The 12 pound drum that was given to me is part of the answer, but mostly, it is super accurate in every thing I use it in.

Humbly
    Al

4. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Moderator

I love my RO. I prefer it over some of my more expensive 1911's

5. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Spending more money won't make you shoot like accunlmtd. Only practice will do that.