Holster for TRP (owb)

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by ph2, Feb 20, 2016.

1. ph2

ph2 New Member

I just got an e-mail from Safariland saying that their models 6378 & 6379 ALS holsters were not compatible with the TRP. I'm reluctant to bring up Blackhawk Serpa because of all the bad publicity they have received but that is the type I'd like--a positive locking system. Any suggestions appreciated. TIA, ph2

2. Teddybear

Teddybear Member

I guess I'm not aware of the bad publicity about Blackhawk Serpa holsters. Please fill me in.

3. ph2

ph2 New Member

From what I've read on other forums, the Blackhawk Serpa has been banned at some classes by some instructers who say they are unsafe because the index finger is used to release the handgun from the holster. Apparently some users have inappropriately continued the pressure onto the trigger and caused premature discharge of the handgun. I've two Serpas that I use for other brand handguns and find they are safe enough for me but I, a noob here, was trying to keep form being flamed. The Serpa for the 5 inch 1911 does not cover the entire slide (I think). I'd like a holster that covers the entire slide with a positive locking (retaining) system.
    ph2