Hey Y'all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DoubleR, Dec 27, 2014.

1. DoubleR

DoubleR Supporting Member Supporter

Hi y'all! New to the forum. See some people I know here :D

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Welcome to the forum!

3. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

4. DoubleR

Thanks! :D Happy to be here. Recently got a EMP for everyday carry. Having some issues with it but really like it.
    We've had many a Springfield Armory in the family but this is my personal first. Had to have it :D

5. pokute

9 or 40? Too bad they don't make it in 10 or 45! What "issues" are you having?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  6. DoubleR

9mm. I'd love a 10 or 45! My favorite calibers! :D
    Magazine issues it appears. If the slides open and put a mag in a round flies out.
    If I load a round in the chamber and drop the mag the next round hits the feed ramp and pops out.
    Rounds seem to constantly nose down into the feed ramp.
    Got to be a spring issue in the mags......
    When we contacted Springfield they definitely are aware of the issues. I need to put more rounds threw them for sure.
    Haven't found much on the Internet of others having this problem with them.
    Disappointed it hasn't been a "take it out of the box and go" gun for the price.
    Have to qualify with it in a few weeks. Going to be interesting speed changing.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  7. johnnyonion

johnnyonion New Member

Welcome to the forum

8. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

9. havasu

havasu Administrator Supporter

Welcome Erica!

10. DoubleR

Thanks! :)

Thank you! :)

Hi there! :waving: :D

11. pokute

Sound like terrible mags. Round flying out sounds like the spring or rounds are binding in the mag, so there's no spring tension on the first round at all. Or, maybe the mag catch needs attention?

I'm sure you'll get it straightened out, and it will make a classy carry.

Just fantasizing about the EMP a bit: I'd like to try modding the grip safety on the EMP to raise the hold just a bit (and improve the look of that "memory bump"!). If you're going to carry it "cocked and locked", you should have a smith custom fit a thumb safety (and get rid of that ambi release if you're not a lefty) - The factory thumb safety fit might be fine, or it might not. It would also look real nice with a GI trigger (just my opinion, of course). It's really not the kind of gun you want to have to conceal ;)

12. DoubleR

We're thinking mags but maybe ammo also. There is a good amount of pressure to the springs. Probably why they need to break in a bit. We've already determined it's picky about length and after today's range time it's looking like type of bullets also. Everything internal looks good. Still working on it.
    It's a very classy carry ;) Want different grips though. Different slide release and safety.
    If I was not going to be CC'ing it I would definitely modify a few things.
    And your right! I WISH I didn't have to conceal it. It's a very nice gun. :D