Help! Turned Windage Knob too Far

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1A Rifle' started by WA101, Jul 10, 2016.

1. WA101

WA101 New Member

Hi,

I'm the new owner of an M1A Loaded as of yesterday. Great rifle!

I was messing around with the sight adjustments, and I cranked the windage to find out how many clicks it takes to reach a stop. Apparently, there is not a windage stop and now the windage is hard over to one side and won't go back. The knob turns fine in both directions, but the sight does not move from the far left hash mark no matter how many times I turn the knob in either direction.

Any insight on how to get the windage adjustment to move from my current condition back to the zero point would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. WA101

WA101 New Member

Problem resolved!!!

Talked to Springfield Customer Service today. The solution was easy. I just had to push the sight to the right while turning the windage knob clockwise to reengage the sight threads and get the sight base moving again.

The key is to push the sight in the right place. It's important to push on the sight ears, which float with the sight base. Pushing anywhere else just transfers the force to the receiver instead of the sight. Kind of obvious and a stupid lesson learned on my part.

3. jdavidboyd

jdavidboyd New Member

Thanks for the info, it's always good to learn something new