Hello From PA.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BigBlue, Jan 28, 2015.

1. BigBlue

BigBlue New Member

Just stopping in here to say hi. I like to hunt and I reload for most of my rifles. I CC and ordered a new 4" XD in 9mm for that purpose. I found this forum while looking for some info on a Springfield 1911 pistol. While I have several other pistols, the XD will be my only Springfield so far. I've been researching and seriously considering a 1911A1 Mil-Spec in the near future.
    Don

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Welcome to the forum Don!

I strongly recommend the Mil-Spec, though the Range Officer is an even better deal for just a bit more. Either way, you will be getting a fine gun.

3. DoubleR

DoubleR Supporting Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Jump on in and enjoy! :D

4. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. I had a 1911A1 and it's a fine fine weapon.:)

5. BigBlue

BigBlue New Member

Thanks for the fine welcome!

6. pokute

Had? What did you do, bore it out and shoot 45-70 from it? I'll bet that's it. I'm hiding behind the barn with Seyfried when you and Casull show up.

7. pokute

We try! Mostly we're more friendly than useful :D

8. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Unfortunately after my separation with my first wife and me not having any income,I had to sell it plus my Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk and Ruger MKII to pay bills. I wish I had all 3 of them back,they're all great guns.

9. jflytle

jflytle New Member

BigBlue,

Welcome from Northern Illinois. Let us know what you think of the XD, and as others have said the 1911a1 is a fine weapon. You would enjoy it.