Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is jerry, what happened to my 1911 SA Loaded SS while at the range?? Jan 2001 production date w serial # NM ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1461979350.523378.jpg , love this firearm and try to shoot couple of times a month, 100 rounds every time at range, bought it back in Feb 2016 and in April this kind of came apart while shooting, shocking and in disbelief?? So sad

Attachments

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Welcome aboard,that sucks about the gun though,I'd definitely be sending it back,they should replace it. My name's Jerry too and if the 62 in your name is the year you were born,then we're the same age too. ;) :D

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome Jerry, I wish that was the year I was born...happens to be my age in a couple of weeks..not to far apart..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow. Did it come apart with extra muzzle blast excitement or did the end just fall to the floor? I have no answers. Just questions.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Well I never seen one do that.

But welcome to the forum from West Ky.

Jim

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was at the indoor range, I shot 2 clips of 5, on the 3rd clip 2nd shot I noticed it shot way off target and was holding my SA in pieces?? Laid it down in disbelief and went to get the range manager, he had to stop everyone to retrieve the broken piece ten feet out, drew quite a crowd, no one had ever seen it happen b4, guess I won't shoot on lane 13 again....

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys, these Pachmayr grips fit my hand for a comfortable grip for me anyway, and will shy from lane 13, lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts