Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Been monitoring this site for a bit and decided to sign up when I picked up a new EMP4 CC. Great little piece . Had some teeing issues with it but all fixed now. Hope to learn here and contribute what I can. Thanks for having me.

·
566 Posts
Welcome, Collective!

This forum is not as active as it once was but hopefully that will change. There is much good information compiled here and some knowledgeable people.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hello all. Been monitoring this site for a bit and decided to sign up when I picked up a new EMP4 CC. Great little piece . Had some teeing issues with it but all fixed now. Hope to learn here and contribute what I can. Thanks for having me.
As all other Springfield owners, users and those who just love shooting. A great welcome.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois...

·
215 Posts
Good to have you with us Collective. How were your teeing issues fixed or did they work themselves out all on their own?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to have you with us Collective. How were your teeing issues fixed or did they work themselves out all on their own?
tight chamber and light primer strikes. The tight chamber was fixed by SA reaming the chamber about 0.002”. After I got it back, and could now chamber a round, the light primer strikes showed up. Called CS again and was told I needed a steel FP and a heavier (28#) main/hammer spring. I asked that they send me the parts and I would install them. That they did, I installed the parts and now have a fine firearm.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Heavier hammer springs are a pain in the neck. What most manufactures have is extended firing pins, (metal) about 2mm longer. Then there is ammunition, some ammunition has soft primers like all Fiocchi/Federal 9mm and there are hard primers used by other ammunition manufactures. Load you own and then change the hammer spring not to the original but lower. Makes a pistol a dream. Also a softer recoil spring will make shooting much easier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice. I was getting light strikes with my reloads as well as factory ammo. I was using WIN and CCI SPP. How low can I go on the hammer spring?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Winchester small pistol primers are regarded as the heaviest, Federal the softest. CCI mid range. Your EMP4 has a factory hammer spring of 18lbs? In a shorter barrel a hard trigger to pull. OAL i use 1.111.

I am a great fan of Springfield 1911 full frame series, Ranger Officer, Ronin. The EMP 4 with 4" barrel, i have never used. However around 15Lbs would be usual. We are all different and swap out what works and what those that shoot a particular pistol very often, they know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too had been out of the shooting sports for a number of years…decided I needed a modern 9mm and purchased An EMP 4 CCC…great piece. I did send it back to Springfield for FTE/FTF issues but now that I have it back it’s super reliable…been feeding it a steady diet of 115/124 gr RN…not one hiccup since I got it back from Springfield. Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am actually very surprised that Springfield from what i read here have issues with the EMP series, FTF and FTE etc as well as with the compacts, hell cat are to often mentioned. Again from what i read the chambers are tight, (not acceptable) and FTF etc should never leave a factory. Have heavy recoil and hammer springs like the XD, which can be simply changed over to make them fantastic to fire without any damage to the firearm, ever. Sending a pistol back to a supplier is sometimes lengthy and time consuming. Quality control in firearms critical, as someone life could be on the line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did my research on the EMP4 CCC after I experienced problems. I wanted to be sure it wasn’t something I was doing. You are correct Voltaire, it is more common with EMP than I’d like to think. Mine experienced the FTE/FTF within the first 5 rounds fired. Continued to experience it every 40-50 rds fired. Brand of ammo didn’t matter. After several hundred rounds and a continuing problem, I contacted Springfield. They were great and in about 3 weeks I had my piece back. No problems since…I like the EMP, it is an excellent shooter. I even convinced a buddy to buy the EMP4… But if you have one and experience a problem don’t hesitate to contact Springfield. They are very responsive to customers…

·
Registered
319 Posts
I did my research on the EMP4 CCC after I experienced problems. I wanted to be sure it wasn’t something I was doing. You are correct Voltaire, it is more common with EMP than I’d like to think. Mine experienced the FTE/FTF within the first 5 rounds fired. Continued to experience it every 40-50 rds fired. Brand of ammo didn’t matter. After several hundred rounds and a continuing problem, I contacted Springfield. They were great and in about 3 weeks I had my piece back. No problems since…I like the EMP, it is an excellent shooter. I even convinced a buddy to buy the EMP4… But if you have one and experience a problem don’t hesitate to contact Springfield. They are very responsive to customers…
Hi, i live in sunny Australia and the agents here for Springfield and most other brands are next to useless. Over very many years i have purchased almost all brands and the few i had issues with i fixed, because t is usually the chamber, extractor or ejector that is the issue. All easily fixed, i also always change out the recoil and hammer spring and in many cases ream out the chamber. Trigger springs and other items in most pistols are easy, except a stupid Beretta, LOL. My XD i changed out the whole trigger system (Powder River) in less than an hour and now it is fantastic. If something happens and i cannot understand why i visit a friend who is a gunsmith drink his coffee and he tells me what to do, or fixes my problem very quickly. I support him by buying primers, projectiles and now and then a pistol. Works great. All the best.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts