Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member. I joined about a week ago when I ordered my new Springfield.

She arrived yesterday ... a XD-9mm 3" BI-Tone SC Mod-2 HC.

I just sent in my gear up promo information and I'm excited to see it come in.

I was really interested in seeing an XDM sub compact but just couldn't find one anywhere. Why is that? ..... So I settled on the Mod 2 after firing it and a full size XDM. I have no regrets but would have loved to compare the two guns.

I did a ton of research and shot a lot of different compacts before deciding on a Mod 2. There's a lot to like about the gun and I can't wait to get out and put some rounds through her.

I'm an avid shooter, hunter and outdoorsmen. However I've spent most of my time shooting bows, muzzleloaders, rifles and shotguns. I have owned a few pistols in the past but this will be my first Springfield.

A new indoor range recently opened up near me and I plan to shoot this gun there as well as use it for conceal carry.

One question: Any advise on proper break in of the gun and barrel?

Thanks for having me and welcoming me to the forum.

·
635 Posts
ACA, welcome!

IMO, you will love both the Mod 2 and XDs. I do!

As for brake in on a member of XD family, my rule of thumb is to put 250 rounds through ANY gun before I trust it for carry.

However, I have never had a Failure to Feed, Failure to Eject, or any other issue of that kind with either my .45 Mod 2 or 9 mm XDs. The seem to flawlessly eat anything and to do so with pleasing accuracy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all.

I've shot a Mod 2 for about an hour before making my choice to go with a Mod 2. So I have a pretty good idea what to expect from it.

My plan is to spend an hour at the range on Sunday to give it a good initial break in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.