Hello from Kentucky & new mod.2

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RMansfield, Jul 27, 2016.

1. RMansfield

RMansfield New Member

Although I grew up with guns, I probably went 25 years without shooting one until this past Spring when I took a concealed carry class. I just bought a 9mm XD mod.2 w/3" barrel and FDE grip. It's not my first gun, but it's the first one I ever researched and purchased on my own. I got it last week and got to fire it at the range this past weekend. I'm really pleased with my purchase and look forward to getting to know the mod.2 and the folks in this forum better.

ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1469654885.523112.jpg

2. ThreeTango

ThreeTango Well-Known Member

Nice looking pistol.
    Welcome to the Springfield Forum from S.C.

3. DudeLove

DudeLove Member

4. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

6. CAV_Scout

CAV_Scout New Member

Welcome Citizen ! ..........have an XD 3" in 9mm, also . . . .good shooter, good size for that capacity, good $ value.
    how many rds did you put thru it first time out? any issues ? what no target pix ? ? ?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  7. RMansfield

RMansfield New Member

Thanks for all the welcomes! On my first time at the range with the new mod.2, I put 300 rounds through the gun. I used the same target at various distances for all 300, so they're a bit all over the place. And it looks like I'm shooting a bit to the left overall.

Nevertheless, I really like the 9mm mod.2. I had no misfeeds, and I think that the sights are really superior to what I've shot the most lately (a Sig P238, which is my everyday carry). The magazines were very tight compared to those in my Sig, so I ended up using a speedloader to save my thumb tips from being sore the next day. I've also ordered an extra extended magazine that will be in next week.

I definitely have no regrets and could recommend it. I just need to continue shooting to spend some more time in practice.

It was also very easy to take apart and clean.

ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1469912540.191910.jpg

8. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Senior Member

Obviously a good choice!

9. CAV_Scout

CAV_Scout New Member

300 rds of what ? didn't change up at all?
    next time to a bull and find the real "might be shooting left"
    thats still good 300 and no runs drip or errors.

But the best . . .easy to clean . . . but not as easy as that 238 !

10. RMansfield

RMansfield New Member

Just Remington 115 grain. I did better on my second trip to the range with the mod.2.

ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1470406502.719599.jpg