Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting since I was 12 years old (I'm 48 now). I recently purchased my first Springfield. A Loaded MC Operator. It only took one trip to the range for it to become my favorite. As difficult as it is to have shooting as a hobby where I live, I insist on continuing to enjoy it. Now if I cans just figure out how to get a ccw in LA County I'll be golden... I know... fat chance, right? I look forward to talking with everyone. Seems like there's a lot of knowledge in these forums.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome fellow Californian. I too am looking into a CCW for my county up here in Northern Cali. I've been doing a ton of research, and although we have a slim chance, the reasoning behind obtaining it is what seems to make or break your approval. So...with the extremely long time it takes to even get our Sheriff to give me an interview will give me some time to think everything over. Worst case scenario, they say no AND I lose some money during the application process.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Wow Mon. What a hassle! I went into the sheriffs office and filled out a page of paperwork, less than five minutes to run a background check, $75.00 for a five year permit, took my picture, then out. Less than 30 minutes and had my license in my wallet!

·
498 Posts
Welcome, Empervious!

Someone recently posted a very good article on the potential of nation-wide CWP, etc. reciprocity. Having had a permit since 2000 and having gone through the hassle of needing to research laws in various states every time I travel, I was TOTALLY for universal reciprocity.

The article mentioned--CORRECTLY in my read of the Fathers--that the Fathers intended the federal govt. to stay completely out of firearm regulations. I'd like to see our nation run by the Constitution that our leaders swear to uphold but then sidestep.

However, I will not spill any tears if nation-wide reciprocity becomes a reality.

If it does, then the people who live in CA and other ridiculously anti-gun states should be able to get permits in OTHER states, which Comifornia would then have to recognize. For the sake of people in anti-gun states, I do hope something like that happens.

Again, welcome!

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
3,606 Posts
Wow Mon. What a hassle! I went into the sheriffs office and filled out a page of paperwork, less than five minutes to run a background check, $75.00 for a five year permit, took my picture, then out. Less than 30 minutes and had my license in my wallet!
WOW Gumpy...that sure IS expensive !!

Here in Pennsylvania...$19.00 includes all the above you describe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for the welcome and the insight into ccw. We have to pay $25 to take a test so that we can have a little card that says we're allowed to buy a gun, and that card is only good for 6 months!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you for the welcome and the insight into ccw. We have to pay $25 to take a test so that we can have a little card that says we're allowed to buy a gun, and that card is only good for 6 months!

Your firearm safety certificate is only good for 6 months? Here in Northern Cali once we pass that joke of a test our certificate is good for 5 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually... I just pulled it out of my wallet. You're correct DrewManto. It is 5 years! Woo hoo! Let's go buy some more guns!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lol. Nice. Let's do it every 30 days and comply with these laws here in Cali!!! I'm unable to fully express the sarcasm in my tone of typing. But yes, as much as we can, let's have at it!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts