Hello from Comifornia!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Empervious, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Empervious

Empervious New Member

I've been shooting since I was 12 years old (I'm 48 now). I recently purchased my first Springfield. A Loaded MC Operator. It only took one trip to the range for it to become my favorite. As difficult as it is to have shooting as a hobby where I live, I insist on continuing to enjoy it. Now if I cans just figure out how to get a ccw in LA County I'll be golden... I know... fat chance, right? I look forward to talking with everyone. Seems like there's a lot of knowledge in these forums.

2. havasu

havasu Administrator Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I hear you about the idiot politicians here in Kommiefornia.

3. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Welcome to the family,don't be shy speak right up.

4. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Senior Member

Howdy from Austin, Texas!

5. DrewManto

DrewManto New Member

Welcome fellow Californian. I too am looking into a CCW for my county up here in Northern Cali. I've been doing a ton of research, and although we have a slim chance, the reasoning behind obtaining it is what seems to make or break your approval. So...with the extremely long time it takes to even get our Sheriff to give me an interview will give me some time to think everything over. Worst case scenario, they say no AND I lose some money during the application process.

6. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Wow Mon. What a hassle! I went into the sheriffs office and filled out a page of paperwork, less than five minutes to run a background check, $75.00 for a five year permit, took my picture, then out. Less than 30 minutes and had my license in my wallet!

7. RevV

RevV Member Supporter

Welcome, Empervious!

Someone recently posted a very good article on the potential of nation-wide CWP, etc. reciprocity. Having had a permit since 2000 and having gone through the hassle of needing to research laws in various states every time I travel, I was TOTALLY for universal reciprocity.

The article mentioned--CORRECTLY in my read of the Fathers--that the Fathers intended the federal govt. to stay completely out of firearm regulations. I'd like to see our nation run by the Constitution that our leaders swear to uphold but then sidestep.

However, I will not spill any tears if nation-wide reciprocity becomes a reality.

If it does, then the people who live in CA and other ridiculously anti-gun states should be able to get permits in OTHER states, which Comifornia would then have to recognize. For the sake of people in anti-gun states, I do hope something like that happens.

Again, welcome!

8. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Supporter

Welcome Empervious, glad to have you on board!

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the SPRINGFIELD Forum...from the Cradle of Liberty...Pennsylvania !!

Enjoy our community...

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

WOW Gumpy...that sure IS expensive !!

Here in Pennsylvania...$19.00 includes all the above you describe.

11. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

They gouge us for $15.00 bucks a year. The State of Alabama is making a fortune!

12. RevV

RevV Member Supporter

Mine is $50 for 5 years; my secondary (for expanded coverage) is $60 for 7 years.

13. Empervious

Empervious New Member

Thank you for the welcome and the insight into ccw. We have to pay $25 to take a test so that we can have a little card that says we're allowed to buy a gun, and that card is only good for 6 months!

14. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Here's ours and notice below the chart the $11.95 more just for finger printing ;) .

http://www.in.gov/isp/3065.htm

15. DudeLove

DudeLove Member

16. ThreeTango

ThreeTango Well-Known Member

Welcome from South Carolina, a gun friendly state.

17. DrewManto

DrewManto New Member

Your firearm safety certificate is only good for 6 months? Here in Northern Cali once we pass that joke of a test our certificate is good for 5 years.

18. Empervious

Empervious New Member

I was told 6 months from the last two places I bought guns from in the last 6 months.

19. Empervious

Empervious New Member

Actually... I just pulled it out of my wallet. You're correct DrewManto. It is 5 years! Woo hoo! Let's go buy some more guns!

20. DrewManto

DrewManto New Member

Lol. Nice. Let's do it every 30 days and comply with these laws here in Cali!!! I'm unable to fully express the sarcasm in my tone of typing. But yes, as much as we can, let's have at it!!!