Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
320 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
The RDP with the Hex Wasp red dot is still available, with and without the manual safety.
The RDP with the Shield sight is discontinued. I never knew it was available til today..?
The Wasp is alloy and slimmer in appearance. It also has a glass lens.

·
320 Posts
I don't believe those Hex equipped Hellcats were on the site when I looked. Either I missed them or they were just posted. It seems they decided to upgrade the RDP optic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I bought mine those Shield sighted ones weren't there, now they are announcing those are discontinued, but the Hex ones were always there. It's a little confusing. I've had mine for about 5 months I think.
The Hex is still working and holds its zero so it is not a bad sight at all. The battery replacement is a pain. You have to dismount it. Other than that, I like it fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Purchased a RDP with the Shield this last May,it's been great, works 100 % and since then has been the only thing I've carried day in day out. The best feature of the shield is it's 100 % absolute co whiteness with the OEM irons, thought I'd try the Swampfox Sentinel on it as it's aluminum and glass and I have some of their other optics and like them, with it there in no kind of co whiteness so it sits in a cabinet while the shield goes along for the ride daily.

Light Air gun Trigger Yellow Machine gun

RDP in my shoulder rig

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I bought mine those Shield sighted ones weren't there, now they are announcing those are discontinued, but the Hex ones were always there. It's a little confusing. I've had mine for about 5 months I think.
The Hex is still working and holds its zero so it is not a bad sight at all. The battery replacement is a pain. You have to dismount it. Other than that, I like it fine.
The battery life is supposed to be 65,000hrs mine dies in about a month.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The battery life is supposed to be 65,000hrs mine dies in about a month.
There's a whole thread about that problem on another forum. SA is replacing those and the ones they've sent out lately are ok so far, although it will take more time to know whether or not they're really fixed. I know they can make them work, the one I have has lasted about 9 months now.
You should call SA support and let them know about it. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts