Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Springfield Hellcat 9mm
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got on the forum, traded into a Hellcat this week and love it! The only thing I would change is the rear sight. Love the arc, but would also like it to be a night sight. Anyone find a replacement for it yet? Might be too new for that just yet, couldn't find one in a search.

·
540 Posts
It might be too new. Not sure. I did a quick search and didn't find any.

For what it's worth, and this is just one person's opinion, the Hellcat is a defensive weapon, and as such, practicing threat focus (looking at the target and not using the sights at all) seems most relevant, followed by front sight focus. A bright rear sight might be counterproductive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, thought about the too new aspect, but was curious to see if anyone had found one. When it's very dark, lining up the sights correctly can mean life or death. Knowing the only time I will be using the sights at night will be at home and having done a good bit of training with both front and rear sights visible on my pistols before this one, I am used to having both visible. Counterproductive would be to completely switch to a dark rear sight situation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I called my choice of night sight manufactures,Night Fision and they don't yet make them for the Hellcat but it's on the list of to do's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you do swap the rear sight, I’d like to buy the old one!!! Been looking and can’t find one!
On my Glocks I swap out the front and reason the Hellcat to start with I only intend on swiping out the front but will keep you in mind should I swap out the rear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got on the forum, traded into a Hellcat this week and love it! The only thing I would change is the rear sight. Love the arc, but would also like it to be a night sight. Anyone find a replacement for it yet? Might be too new for that just yet, couldn't find one in a search.
Night Fission
Link is below.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link, will be watching out for it. I will keep you posted on the swap and you are more than welcome to it SGT1577...will send you mine. Hate the half circle. Wish they had lined it with tritium!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like they make them for the regular Hellcat. I will never use the OSP function, tried the optic route on a Glock I had and hated it. I wonder if the regular Hellcat slide and mine are swap friendly?

·
Registered
Springfield Hellcat ospU
3 Posts
Yeah, thought about the too new aspect, but was curious to see if anyone had found one. When it's very dark, lining up the sights correctly can mean life or death. Knowing the only time I will be using the sights at night will be at home and having done a good bit of training with both front and rear sights visible on my pistols before this one, I am used to having both visible. Counterproductive would be to completely switch to a dark rear sight situation.
If you can't see what your shooting at then why are you shooting?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I never had a problem with the Springfield Hell Cat's sights it was one of the selling features that made me buy it, I have since installed the SwampFox Sentinel Green Dot optic on it. You might try a set of XS BIG DOT tritium sights. I have them on both my Springfield Armory XDM OSP 9MM 4.5", XDM OSP ELITE 9MM & My XD .45 Tactical 5.25 "
These are the XS sights I recommend in the Links below. Good Luck to you have fun shooting the Springfield Hell Cat.

DXT Big Dot Night Sights - Springfield

DXT2 Standard Dot Night Sights - Springfield Armory

F8 Night Sights - Springfield Armory

R3D Night Sights - Springfield Armory

·
Registered
Springfield Hellcat ospU
3 Posts
If you need to see I the dark carry a flashlight. A small one in your pocket puts out enough light to identify your target and to get a good sight picture.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did you ever replace the sights on your Hell Cat post an update, what did you come up with? Post a photo of your Springfield Armory Hell Cat. I now have more than 1000 rounds fired without a Jamb, Malfunction,or Failure to fire. Accuracy is very good at 25 meters on 6" steel plates at 25 meters.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you can't see what your shooting at then why are you shooting?
Night Sights are not made to shoot in the dark at targets you cant see they are made for quick acquisition in low light where you have a hard time picking up a good sight picture. When point shooting front sight focus is key not the rear sight that's why the U shape rear sight of the Hellcat is not illuminated it's only outlined.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for the link, will be watching out for it. I will keep you posted on the swap and you are more than welcome to it SGT1577...will send you mine. Hate the half circle. Wish they had lined it with tritium!
Night Sights are not made to shoot in the dark at targets you cant see they are made for quick acquisition in low light where you have a hard time picking up a good sight picture. When point shooting front sight focus is key not the rear sight that's why the U shape rear sight of the Hellcat is not illuminated it's only outlined.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK...where to start....

1. I traded the OSP for a non OSP model, bought Night Fision night sights for it. Perfect. Thanks, MikeFD
2. Not even going to dignify that 'see' question....where TF did that come from?
3. NO flashlights...not a good idea, gives away your position instantly.
4. It's not 100% dark in my house at night [so it's very low light all the time], I have offset lighting in other rooms [like the bathroom]. Like i said, critical to line up sights and let's say you just wake up...easier to line them up when they glow than when they don't. Plus, like I said, I didn't like the semi circle at all.

JeezLoweez...lotsa micromanaging

SGT1577...let me know if you want the stock sights and we'll figure something out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK...where to start....

1. I traded the OSP for a non OSP model, bought Night Fision night sights for it. Perfect. Thanks, MikeFD
2. Not even going to dignify that 'see' question....where TF did that come from?
3. NO flashlights...not a good idea, gives away your position instantly.
4. It's not 100% dark in my house at night [so it's very low light all the time], I have offset lighting in other rooms [like the bathroom]. Like i said, critical to line up sights and let's say you just wake up...easier to line them up when they glow than when they don't. Plus, like I said, I didn't like the semi circle at all.

JeezLoweez...lotsa micromanaging

SGT1577...let me know if you want the stock sights and we'll figure something out.
I too want Night Fishion sights on my Hellcat,do you have the product number you used on yours as I can't seem to find it listed,Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts