Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Springfield Hellcat 9mm
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got on the forum, traded into a Hellcat this week and love it! The only thing I would change is the rear sight. Love the arc, but would also like it to be a night sight. Anyone find a replacement for it yet? Might be too new for that just yet, couldn't find one in a search.

·
496 Posts
It might be too new. Not sure. I did a quick search and didn't find any.

For what it's worth, and this is just one person's opinion, the Hellcat is a defensive weapon, and as such, practicing threat focus (looking at the target and not using the sights at all) seems most relevant, followed by front sight focus. A bright rear sight might be counterproductive.

·
Registered
2021 Springfield Hellcat 9mm
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, thought about the too new aspect, but was curious to see if anyone had found one. When it's very dark, lining up the sights correctly can mean life or death. Knowing the only time I will be using the sights at night will be at home and having done a good bit of training with both front and rear sights visible on my pistols before this one, I am used to having both visible. Counterproductive would be to completely switch to a dark rear sight situation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called my choice of night sight manufactures,Night Fision and they don't yet make them for the Hellcat but it's on the list of to do's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you do swap the rear sight, I’d like to buy the old one!!! Been looking and can’t find one!
On my Glocks I swap out the front and reason the Hellcat to start with I only intend on swiping out the front but will keep you in mind should I swap out the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts