Springfield Armory Forums banner

Hellcat Pro Won't Rack with Full Mag

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Voltaire 
#1 ·
Folks: greetings from a newbie. I'm an experienced range shooter; this is my first Springfield.

Just bought a new Hellcat Pro with Springfield's purchase incentive of nice range bag and 5 magazines. Still learning the gun. On my first live work with the gun at the range about a week ago, I experienced this phenomenon: nothing in chamber, gun closed, fully insert full magazine (15 rounds), attempt to Rack to get one into the chamber, wouldn't rack (solid/strong hand/arm pull strength). I ejected the magazine, removed one round from the magazine; reinserted the magazine, tried again, and it racked fine. This happened multiple times. It seems the gun (at least a brand new gun) does not like a full magazine but is ok with "full minus one."

Anyone else ever experience anything like this? Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Appreciate your thoughts and time.

Kris

#2 ·
Never had any issues with loading 15 rounds in the pro. I carry a hellcat and a hellcat pro, and train with both every range trip. Never had any problems with any of the mags and I have 5 of the pro mags and atleast 4 of the 11/13 round hellcat mags. Idk if you had tried all of the magazines, but I'd start with that . Maybe you got one with a funny follower or spring. My Springfield prodigy does the same thing with the 20round mag. 17 round mag loads easily , 20 rounder needs a big strong 💪 push in to seat. I always load 19 but I don't carry that one so max capacity isn't so important. Good luck

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum. I have no issues with my new Hellcat Pro and I have extra new mags for it that haven’t displayed this issue.

As a matter of fact I bought the mag extenders from Tyrant CNC so now my mags are loaded with 18 rounds and even they don’t display this issue.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

#12 ·
Folks: greetings from a newbie. I'm an experienced range shooter; this is my first Springfield.

Just bought a new Hellcat Pro with Springfield's purchase incentive of nice range bag and 5 magazines. Still learning the gun. On my first live work with the gun at the range about a week ago, I experienced this phenomenon: nothing in chamber, gun closed, fully insert full magazine (15 rounds), attempt to Rack to get one into the chamber, wouldn't rack (solid/strong hand/arm pull strength). I ejected the magazine, removed one round from the magazine; reinserted the magazine, tried again, and it racked fine. This happened multiple times. It seems the gun (at least a brand new gun) does not like a full magazine but is ok with "full minus one."

Anyone else ever experience anything like this? Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Appreciate your thoughts and time.

Kris
At first I did. That mag spring is tough at first. Load the mag with the slide locked back at first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.