Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an SA Hellcat Pro and a Holosun 507K x2. I knew it wouldn’t be compatible without an adapter plate so I purchased the CHPWS Hellcat to Holosun K adapter plate which is great.

All the parts, and companies, were great and helpful. This is how my experience went.

For those that don’t want to listen to me ramble, all the screws provided by each company did not work. I bought the SwampFox RDS screw set and found this one which worked out perfectly.

8BD6DDA3-3FD4-41D3-B302-BDA248853BD3.jpeg

The entire set was $19.99 and should cover all my installs for life. You could also cut down the length of the screws provided but with my recent move I didn’t have the tools.

The CHPWS were too long as were the replacements they sent. SA sent me the Hex Wasp screws which were too short and the ones you can buy on Amazon after searching for the right ones. Those were cap head screws and won’t work either.

I bought the gun and tried to install the Holosun and the screws were way too long so the sight just flopped around. Put the cover plate back on and shot about two hundred rounds through it with no issues. Love the gun.

Got the CHPWS replacement screws in the mail and didn’t check before I started to try the RDS again. The SA cover plate screws, which had threadlocker on them, were so soft the head stripped on the right screw. I drilled it out which was very easy but damaged my cover plate. SA customer service offered to send me a new plate and screws along with optics screws. I told them not to worry since it was mostly my fault for using too big a drill bit but took them up on the offer of the optics screws which ultimately didn’t work anyway.

Got the CHPWS screws which didn’t work either and then my SwampFox order arrived today. The ones pictured (M4x0.7x10.1 mm) were perfect

Installed and now I have the gun I wanted.
71B8D514-A93F-495F-871C-3157ADA0735E.jpeg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the regular Hellcat OSP and tried putting on a Holusun 507K using the CHPWS plate and it didn't work. Contacted the company and they sent me a new plate and screws and that didn't work either. They sent me a second new set of screw and those didn't work either. Noticed that first set of screws were same length, the second set had one screw shorter than the other and third set one screw was shorter but not as short as the second set. Took the whole mess to a gunsmith and he tried twice and both times it didn't work. Once I started shooting, I couldn't get past a couple of mags without the front of the optic and the plate lifting of the slide. The question I have for you is have you tried shooting it since you put on the Swamp fox screws? I would be willing to try one more time if those screws work. If not, I'll pick up a Shield 8mos optic and direct mount to the slide. Let me know how it went. Thanks
Since I used the screws from SwampFox it’s been rock solid. I’ve put 300 rounds through it after zeroing at 25 yards and it’s been perfect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since I used the screws from SwampFox it’s been rock solid. I’ve put 300 rounds through it after zeroing at 25 yards and it’s been perfect.
P.s. your gunsmith should be able to cut your existing screws down to the correct length. I could have done the same myself but I didn’t have the workshop set up since our recent move. It’s just a screw length issue with the Hellcat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'll pick up the Swampfox screws. Gunsmith did cut down a set of screws. They were not the CHP screws not sure which ones they were. The screws he used did not come loose but the optic and the plate lifted up slightly up-front causing the optic to lose zero. I may try one more time. Thanks again.
Torque settings are pretty important with mounting a pistol optic due to the slide movement. That’s why the multi fit systems like MOS and CORE have a tendency to sheer screws if they aren’t installed correctly. I guess CHPWS would have the same issues. Proper torque should hold the red dot to the slide and prevent it from lifting in the front. All things being equal it’s either installation or bad hardware. I’ve had good luck with CHPWS now and in the past so I’d check torque, screw length, and thread locker (blue loctite usually) before you give up on the Holosun which is a great sight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Torque settings are pretty important with mounting a pistol optic due to the slide movement. That’s why the multi fit systems like MOS and CORE have a tendency to sheer screws if they aren’t installed correctly. I guess CHPWS would have the same issues. Proper torque should hold the red dot to the slide and prevent it from lifting in the front. All things being equal it’s either installation or bad hardware. I’ve had good luck with CHPWS now and in the past so I’d check torque, screw length, and thread locker (blue loctite usually) before you give up on the Holosun which is a great sight.
Since I have a tendency to type before I read, I would also verify the length of the screws. They might be tight but that could be because they’ve bottomed out. The perfect solution would be to compare the screw length below the Hex Wasp and ensure your screws don’t go any deeper. Nobody seems to have that info so have your gunsmith find out where the screws bottom out and make sure they’re cut short enough to prevent them from hitting bottom before they lock down your optic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts