Springfield Armory Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just to note: My Hellcat is the "PRO" model. Will you be keeping the kit you bought? or have they offered you a return? Just asking because they have been very willing to have me send my gun in, but I have never done any kind of shipping of firearms for issues such as this.
Dear Addison2,
Hi Sir or Ms., I am keeping the spring kit as now i have the Hellcat working great. Just to let you know that shipping firearms is slightly complicated as you can't just drop it off at a USPS. You will need to fill out some forms. I would need to find a link to where you can get the forms but don't have it just handy. Just to clarify that we are on a similar page here. My Hellcat's initial issue, well prior to installing the spring kit, was with the trigger. What was happening was that if you pull the trigger back without any side pressure, it worked well. However, if you put any very slight side, either to the right or left, and at the same time try to pull the trigger, the trigger would not move back no matter how much force you were to apply. That issue was quite well known and described by many owners on the web sites. Ther was also several videos which showed how to make the fix. Initially i resisted making the fix in fear that i would make the trigger totally useless but eventually i gave in and made the fix. It was only after that fix that the spring kit worked. Prior to that, without the trigger mod, when the spring kit was installed, what was happening was that if you pulled the trigger back normally but then stopped just prior to the break and then released the trigger, the trigger did not fully reset such that the safety did not reset. At that point, you could pull back the trigger without touching the safety. I wound up with a handgun which basically had no safety reset. If you were to rack the slide, both trigger and safety would reset normally. Please know that with the OEM parts, the trigger did reset and also the safety did reset. With the OEM springs, there was much more force to reset the trigger. M-Carbo was not able to duplicate the issue (i sent them two videos) so it was decided that the problem was most likely due to some anomaly with the Hellcat. They also recommended that i send in the Hellcat but since i have it working perfectly now there is no reason to do that. I gave them (M-Carbo Team) as much info as possible just in case some other customer found a similar issue.
So, lucky for me, my issue is fully resolved and i asked that my help-ticked with M-Carbo be closed as being fully resolved.
Can you confirm if your Hellcat Pro shows the same issue with the trigger? Your situation may be totally different from what ran across.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear Addison2,
Hi Sir or Ms., I am keeping the spring kit as now i have the Hellcat working great. Just to let you know that shipping firearms is slightly complicated as you can't just drop it off at a USPS. You will need to fill out some forms. I would need to find a link to where you can get the forms but don't have it just handy. Just to clarify that we are on a similar page here. My Hellcat's initial issue, well prior to installing the spring kit, was with the trigger. What was happening was that if you pull the trigger back without any side pressure, it worked well. However, if you put any very slight side, either to the right or left, and at the same time try to pull the trigger, the trigger would not move back no matter how much force you were to apply. That issue was quite well known and described by many owners on the web sites. Ther was also several videos which showed how to make the fix. Initially i resisted making the fix in fear that i would make the trigger totally useless but eventually i gave in and made the fix. It was only after that fix that the spring kit worked. Prior to that, without the trigger mod, when the spring kit was installed, what was happening was that if you pulled the trigger back normally but then stopped just prior to the break and then released the trigger, the trigger did not fully reset such that the safety did not reset. At that point, you could pull back the trigger without touching the safety. I wound up with a handgun which basically had no safety reset. If you were to rack the slide, both trigger and safety would reset normally. Please know that with the OEM parts, the trigger did reset and also the safety did reset. With the OEM springs, there was much more force to reset the trigger. M-Carbo was not able to duplicate the issue (i sent them two videos) so it was decided that the problem was most likely due to some anomaly with the Hellcat. They also recommended that i send in the Hellcat but since i have it working perfectly now there is no reason to do that. I gave them (M-Carbo Team) as much info as possible just in case some other customer found a similar issue.
So, lucky for me, my issue is fully resolved and i asked that my help-ticked with M-Carbo be closed as being fully resolved.
Can you confirm if your Hellcat Pro shows the same issue with the trigger? Your situation may be totally different from what ran across.
My Hellcat "PRO" worked fine out of the box, and in my case I wanted to change out my OEM trigger because of it being composite. The new trigger worked great and should have left enough be but after reading about the Stainless striker sleeve and was concerned about over all reliability of the plastic sleeve was what prompted me to the new striker unit.
it was after this install that my trigger began to exhibit the same effects you described.
The company asked me to switch back to factory trigger which I did. Anyway the problem was still showing but not as bad and that led me to putting my aftermarket trigger back in. Once I did this and went back to my Factory striker unit All was well.
As of now my conclusion is the after market striker spring was just to weak to have enough force when released to return to fully extended position.
My terminology is a bit rough so I hope you were able to follow along.
I have one more thing I hope to do when my son returns from a work trip and that is to try the striker unit in his Hellcat PRO. If it works in his maybe it wasn't the unit but my gun. and if it does the same thing in his it would confirm to me that the weaker string used was the problem.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts