Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have owned and carried a Hellcat for several years...I find that I just cannot tolerate wearing a Kydex holster inside my waistband. Have tried in numerous positions on the body but just cannot get past the discomfort of carry inside the waistband. What I find is that the Hellcat fits perfectly in the right hand pocket of my Wranglers or Levis. Are there other folks out there that carry in this manner, would like to hear other thoughts on this subject.

615 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kahili. Would be nice if you would go to the New Member Introductions section and post something about yourself. Kusiak and Wright Leatherworks make real nice IWB leather holsters that should be more comfortable than kydex. You can also choose to carry OWB with an untucked shirt or light jacket.

· Registered
11 Posts
IWB carry has been a constant challenge for me because I can't drive standing up. Gun pokes my leg or my belly or both sitting down so I keep having to shift it up & down as I move. I pocket carry everything & just got a Vedder pocket holster for my new Hellcat yesterday. In my front pocket if you can see it at all it looks like an iPhone Pro or any large smartphone. Now it does come out with the gun but my pockets are huge. Maybe it won't in my other jeans or cargo shorts. Here's pics. One in pocket, one not in pocket. Side view, back view & front view.
Gesture Gadget Sleeve Personal protective equipment Strap
Sleeve Gesture Finger Wrist Thumb
Arm Gesture Finger Thumb Wrist
Outerwear Textile Sleeve Grey Waist
Outerwear Textile Sleeve Waist Grey

· Registered
8 Posts
Kydex iwb with single clip at 4 o'clock is what I settled on. I will cover the body side with moleskin, do some surgery to round and smooth and forward cant. Sometimes a little uncomfortable but not bad. I pretty much gave up on pocket carry for anything bigger than lcp.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IWB carry has been a constant challenge for me because I can't drive standing up. Gun pokes my leg or my belly or both sitting down so I keep having to shift it up & down as I move. I pocket carry everything & just got a Vedder pocket holster for my new Hellcat yesterday. In my front pocket if you can see it at all it looks like an iPhone Pro or any large smartphone. Now it does come out with the gun but my pockets are huge. Maybe it won't in my other jeans or cargo shorts. Here's pics. One in pocket, one not in pocket. Side view, back view & front view. View attachment 3693 View attachment 3694 View attachment 3695 View attachment 3696 View attachment 3697

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to take a look a the Vedder pocket holster. Sitting with any type of holster in my waistband just doesn’t work for me. I am amazed at the ability of anyone capable of sitting comfortably with a gun stuffed into their waistband. I recognize that there is a plethora of body types capable of this, I just ain’t one of them! Pocket carry is very comfortable but doesn’t position the firearm for the best access or retention, so looks like I my have to add a pocket holster to my collection.

· Registered
11 Posts
I am going to take a look a the Vedder pocket holster. Sitting with any type of holster in my waistband just doesn’t work for me. I am amazed at the ability of anyone capable of sitting comfortably with a gun stuffed into their waistband. I recognize that there is a plethora of body types capable of this, I just ain’t one of them! Pocket carry is very comfortable but doesn’t position the firearm for the best access or retention, so looks like I my have to add a pocket holster to my collection.
I measured the width on my Vedder pocket holster & it's 4.5" so you'll know how it might fit. My pockets in the jeans I used are 7" wide so the holster came out with the gun. I think my other jeans have narrower pockets & should retain the holster.

· Registered
22 Posts
IWB carry has been a constant challenge for me because I can't drive standing up. Gun pokes my leg or my belly or both sitting down so I keep having to shift it up & down as I move. I pocket carry everything & just got a Vedder pocket holster for my new Hellcat yesterday. In my front pocket if you can see it at all it looks like an iPhone Pro or any large smartphone. Now it does come out with the gun but my pockets are huge. Maybe it won't in my other jeans or cargo shorts. Here's pics. One in pocket, one not in pocket. Side view, back view & front view. View attachment 3693 View attachment 3694 View attachment 3695 View attachment 3696 View attachment 3697
I am 5’6, 203lbs. I carry my hellcat at 3 o’clock iwb no problem. I can drive with it on, however it is difficult if I have to draw, but it can be done. One thing to consider is a waistband thatis just a size larger then normal. A belt that is made for cc will help. I can wear it with a t-shirt, polo or a button up untucked and no printing. My holster is a kydex IWB from Concealment Express and is comfortable.

· Registered
22 Posts
I am 5’6, 203lbs. I carry my hellcat at 3 o’clock iwb no problem. I can drive with it on, however it is difficult if I have to draw, but it can be done. One thing to consider is a waistband thatis just a size larger then normal. A belt that is made for cc will help. I can wear it with a t-shirt, polo or a button up untucked and no printing.

· Registered
25 Posts
I can see that the holster does not hold in your pockets because its a slippery Kydex material. You might be able to attach some velcro or some sort of rubberized strips around the holster to see if it will hold better.

· Registered
9 Posts
Have owned and carried a Hellcat for several years...I find that I just cannot tolerate wearing a Kydex holster inside my waistband. Have tried in numerous positions on the body but just cannot get past the discomfort of carry inside the waistband. What I find is that the Hellcat fits perfectly in the right hand pocket of my Wranglers or Levis. Are there other folks out there that carry in this manner, would like to hear other thoughts on this subject.
Hi. So first Id find the perfect holster. I recommmend a Tulster Oath or Wingman Mod 1 for your hellcat. (Wingman Holster is great but Id change plastic clip to a Tulster Oath style metal singlel clip) and then Id get a comfort backer from Blacksmith Tactical has velcro on one side and neoprene on the side thats up against your skin (sure others have their own versions so look around ) using a confort backer feels great and beats looking for a holster for comfort before performance. pics of my sa xd9 sc are attached. Have owned a hellcat before and wish i had done this then.
Auto part Plastic Metal Bumper Gun accessory
Fashion accessory Auto part Electric blue Gun accessory Fiber
Grille Font Auto part Electric blue Musical instrument accessory
Product Gadget Font Automotive design Technology

1 - 15 of 15 Posts