Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
528 Posts
The seller should have the instructions for you. Just make sure you check with the gun store first to see if they will accept it and what their charges will be for that and for doing the required paper work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Everyone, What you need to do when shipping a firearm to gun store.
Exactly what WVSurveyor said ... what I usually do is contact my dealer and ask them first.

I've never had a problem and usually the place I'm getting it from has done business with my dealer & already has their FFL information. My dealer charges a small fee to do the paperwork if I do not purchase the weapon from them.

·
Registered
Hellcat w/RMRcc/XD-S Mod.2 OSP w/CT1500
70 Posts
Guess I'd have to ask, why are you shipping a gun to a store?

Working under the assumption that you are selling the thing to someone and want a clean transfer, I would take the thing to my licensed LGS and pay them whatever fee to take care of things.

This is actually something I have done on the rare occasions I actually sell something, where as a Type 03 FFL holder, I will ship something to someone else that has their C&R license after I get the proper paperwork, but for anyone who doesn't or anything that doesn't qualify as C&R eligible, it goes through my LGS and I just add the additional cost on as a fee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts