Guess What I've Got Coming.......

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by Geezer, Sep 7, 2015.

1. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

You're fortunate that you can buy from out of state. In CA, we can only buy stuff that is already in state, so there are few bargains. So, in that box, it's probably the old GI Mil Spec without the lowered and flared ejection port, relieved barrel, and polished ramp - But with a throated barrel. Funny thing is, some people will pay a premium for those because it looks just like their issue gun.

In fact, the throated barrel is the one option that is actually important. I'm going to commit heresy right now and say that lowering and flaring, relieving the barrel, and polishing the ramp contribute nothing to the function of the gun. I've done the experiment... And it makes sense too, because Browning designed it to be both accurate and reliable. But he did not design it to feed hollow points and wadcutters.

So, why do all the guns sold now have all of these accuracy and reliability improvements? Blame it on Kuhnhausen. What's funny is that folks "diss" Kuhnhausen for recommending the FLGR and ShokBuf, both of which do improve the handling of the gun, but believe that these other mods, which do nothing (unless the gun is very poorly made and fitted - Certainly possible - The more I play with my Armscor Citadel Compact, the less happy I am with it), are required.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Classic..........!!

3. DudeLove

DudeLove Member

That's one great hand gun.

4. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Slow down guys, I'm just gettin the box.

Just kiddin, yep, just the old parkerized GI. Photos look pretty good, so I'm excited to get it. And, it's coming from the other coast, too, so this will be one less to choose from.

[​IMG]

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

6. pokute

I'm seeing a whole bunch of Colt 1911's for $40... In the March 1956 issue of Guns magazine :p

It says here that Joe Benner is going to beat the pants off those Russkies in 50m pistol again...

7. pokute

If CZ starts selling their hammer and thumb safety, they will make nice upgrades for these 80's-90's plain-janes. At that point it's only a smooth MSH with a lanyard loop away from 1918.

8. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Well, I got it this week. It has been fired but not much.

[​IMG]