• Saint Edge Tactical ATC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another model and or brand

Votes: 2 100.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings everyone, I am a navy veteran and by black Friday, I plan on getting my first AR 15. I will have a budget of a little over $200. The two that I narrowed it down to are the new Helllion and the Springfield Saint Edge Tactical. Interesting that the barrel is bigger no the Saint Edge that is 18" vs 16". The weight on the Hellion is 8 lb and the Saint Edge is 10. The Hellion uses .566 and the Saint Edge .223. A few questions if they are the same design, why does the .223, generally cost 20-30% less/ Do they put more weight on the .556 bullet or does it have more of a punch? I like that the Saint Edge comes with a scope and red dot technology but that si not a deal breaker. I am pretty handy and can always buy a scope for $300-500 and solve that issue.
Which one would you suggest and why?
A 5.56 will shoot .223 a .223 should not shoot a 5.56 the rounds are similar but are not the same, same with 308 vs 7.62, but the rounds are opposite in this case. 308 is stronger than 7.62. I would get the 5.56 it gives you more round options.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts