Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed most if not ALL sellers of these magazines actually don't have them & are using the photo from Springfield Armory's Site to try and sell them...
Just wondered as many guns have "The Place" to acquire goods
After initial testing I will want a couple 11 round magazines & a 15...

Stay Safe Out There
Life is Good!
Gary/HR

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess you've checked Ebay --
eBay is a good place to buy magazines, but they limit round capacity to 10/ten there.
I bought three Glock 43X ten round magazines there with a case, magazine loader + cleaning rod, manual etc for CHEAP...
What I want are the 11, 13 & 15 round Hellcat magazines = No eBay
Springfield Armory wants top dollar for theirs even with a discount I have coming SO~~~
There are some on Gunbroker = 151 pages of them to be exact, but most have them listed & they get them from SA
I looked for ones were there was an actual photo of them instead of the factory photo from the website
There are a couple of DEALS if you buy 10 or 20 for $20ea = $199 & $399 = Don't need that many...
I will find at least one of each size & go from there, the pistol I have coming for $372.90 has only the one 13 round magazine
I can find them for $22 & $29 & $39ea
What's crazy is I was in this shop last week & talked to an older lady who was telling me she had a Hellcat & couldn't operate the slide on it.
She needs a gun for protection & the female sales lady & I suggested a revolver to her, they had a Charter Arms with a Pink Frame that she was looking at
She thanked us both & said she would be back; I know they took the Hellcat in trade & put her into the Charter Arms Pink Lady 38 spl
It appeared two days later @ $399, There other store just up the street has the same gun for $449 & also have a SIG P365 I want
I can look forward to buying $45-$50 magazines for the SIG BTW $$$$$

I have 7-10 handguns I want to sell BUT don't want to get raped by this buyer @ 40-50% of net value, Just like the Pink Lady did...

Here's a few I'm considering parting with = NO Springfield Armorys
Mostly Glock, SIG, Ruger, Hk, Taurus + M&P & S&Ws, Keeping the Glock 43X & M&P Shield 2.0
Not sure about the M&P 380EZ or Glock 19X
I also have holsters & extra magazines for ALL of these handguns & have 15 for those H&Ks
Wanting to Thin the Heard without getting taken, I know what they are all worth
Also have an M4 AR-15 that needs to go
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Recreation Gun accessory

Air gun Machine gun Trigger Gun barrel Airsoft gun

·
Registered
8 Posts
As long as you you think you know what they are worth. You have to remember, a gun shop has to make a profit. And that means they will give you a little more then 60% or less, of a new model. Plus, if they are a stocking dealer, as most are for what you got, expect even less. The shop I deal with, and work part-time, makes 50 bucks off a new gun sale. That’s it. It’s not what you think it would be.

Some models command higher prices. But not what you have pictured. The HKs, depending on the model may bring more. But the charter arms wheel gun, not so much. Same for the glocks and the s&w Used glocks are a dime a dozen. Plus with the new generation of models, unless you find someone that wants that specific model, expect less then you thought.

The AR is also probably not worth what you think. Delta ring, old style hand guard don’t have the wow of fullly railed guns. Maybe if it’s a Windham or Colt, you could get a good price for it. A Delton or Diamondback with some bells and whistles go for less then 650. And I don’t know of any dealer that’s taking ARs on trade or buying them out-right. Not with the over supply of them currently. My dealer has 10 on the wall, of different manufactures and another 40 sitting in the storeroom

With the current state of slumping gun sales, you may better off selling privately. I personally don’t do that just because of not being able to get a background check on who’s buying it. Some states allow person to person sales with a background check, like Colorado, but not in Florida. The dealer has to take it into inventory, basically buying it. then wait 14 days for it to clear local law enforcement s/n check. Then sell it to the buyer. That’s how Florida works. And the the dealer I work with just will not do it.

Try checking gunbroker and other sites for used prices. Then check the local gun shops. You may be surprised at what they are actually worth.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a Taurus 85CH made in 1993, stainless Hk USPc 40 is worth $800-$1300, The Blued one $700-$800 & the Tiny P2000sk $650
The AR-15 is an Anderson AM-15 & Cost $385 with the Vortex Strike-Fire Red Dot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Remember, 40 is a “dead caliber” since the government has gone back to 9mm. We can’t sell them. No one wants them. Also ammo manufactures have slowed production of 40 in favor of other calibers.

They may fetch the money you listed. But that’s only if someone wants to pay it. If those are expected retail prices, you won’t get it at a gun shop. Maybe try doing a consignment sale. If you have worked with a local place long enough, they may cut you a break on the fee. We do that for long standing customers.

We actually don’t charge those customers any fee. Guns that come back for consignment, that were originally were sold by the shop, are about the only thing we take in. Otherwise there is the whole 14 day wait thing, paperwork, thumbprint, and filing it with the sheriff’s department. But we may take something that’s high value and can be turned quickly. Run of the mill glocks, s&w, Taurus, high point (hell no), sccy or any low end weapon won’t be taken in, sometimes not even on trade. Your AR is some thing we would not take in. No profit in it. We would advise you to sell it privately.

Transfers are another area with its own rules. If we sell it or can order it and you transfer one in, 75.00. If it’s something we can’t get or can’t acquire, 35.00. Long time customers, no charge. So doing a transfer may hurt what you can sell it for.

So it pays to have a long term relationship with a shop.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a buyer for the Stainless Hk USP Compact 40 JFYI
Double what a dealer would give too BTW
Thanks for the info too @Sleddog30
My three 40 S&W Heckler & Kocks are just too big for carry after having something smaller & lighter
The P2000sk is the smallest Hk currently
Everyday carry Handgun holster Auto part Bumper Rectangle

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found a new 15 round magazine for $35 at one of my local gun shops & snagged that up
I should have three FREE magazines coming from Springfield Armory sometime soon as I signed up for the "Gear Up 2022" Promotion & a FREE Range Bag too...
From what I read others have gotten two 15 round magazines & one 13 round in the promotion which suits me fine as the flat 11 round would only really be good for deep concealment which is a thing of the past in my area now since July 1st 2022.
Should end up with two 13s & three 15s which is enough for me= 5 total
Personal protective equipment Safety glove Glove Everyday carry Sports gear

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JFYI Rural King showed having some stock on magazines & today they show "Out of Stock" on the 13 round Hellcat magazines
They also show out of stock on all AR-15 magazines except the chepo $10 models = No Amend2 or Mag-Pul...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I emailed Springfield Armory's Customer Service over the weekend & got a reply Monday
Had told the customer service representative that I only got one 13 round magazine + no case etc. when I bought my Hellcat on 7/9/22
Dealer lost it in the back room somewhere = GR8 price for me
Told him I bought a 15-round magazine at the same gun store for $35
Here was his reply today

Good afternoon,
I am sending you: Cable Lock, soft case, box+manual, and a 11 round magazine under warranty. If you have any questions, let me know.
Best regards,
Matt C | Customer Service
Team Springfield
420 West Main Street
Geneseo, IL 61254

800-680-6866

Now that is customer service brother
👉SPRINGFIELD ARMORY ROCKS! 👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts