Glock Fanboy...

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by atrain311, Nov 25, 2015.

1. atrain311

atrain311 New Member

Well, this Glock fanboy, just put money down on my first XD Mod 2 in .45. Went to my dealer with the mod 2 or G30 in mind after tons of research and the Mod 2 just felt right in my hands. I'm super excited and really pumped about getting into the .45 caliber. I've been a 9mm guy, so this will be fun. Looking forward to bringing my new baby home and getting along with her 3 older Glock siblings. See, we CAN all get along.

Happy as well to download this app along with my Glock Talk. Any advice for a Springfield noob wild be appreciated.

I've been an ALIENGEAR and COOK'S holster fan for my Glocks, I'm assuming I'll go that route for my XD unless someone here swears by another and supplies some pics.

Also, anyone strap a light on their Mod 2 in .45? I have a light for my G19, I'm guessing it will fit the XD too.

My local Dicks Sporting goods sells WWB ammo in 230 grain, so I'm guessing that's where I'll start. Anyone have issues with that ammo?

Again, Thanks for having the new guy and any mod 2 love would be great.

2. IwasReloading

IwasReloading New Member

I have been shooting the WWB for many years threw my pistols. I just entered the .45 world a few months back and have been shooting the WWB 230 grain I've been getting at Walmart with no failures. I never heard a complaint from anyone that has shot WWB pistol rounds.

3. atrain311

atrain311 New Member

Thanks for replying. Seems like WWB are good, affordable and easy to obtain. I'm also wondering about a good defense round for such a short barrel. I'm looking for non +p since I want to control recoil as much as possible. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

4. Tex8390

Tex8390 New Member

I'm so sick of hearing about these Mod 2's... Guess I'll go get one and see what all the fuss is about!

5. atrain311

atrain311 New Member

As I mentioned, as a Glock fan boy, I really didn't intend to like it so much, but it fit in hand so well.

6. atrain311

atrain311 New Member

As someone who is new to XD, is there anything you can tell me about unboxing? What I mean by that is... with my Glocks, I wouldn't clean then fully before firing, I'd just Balistol the barrel. I'd only lightly clean and oil after shooting until their factory bronze lube would wear off. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

7. mikey1003

mikey1003 New Member

I got a 9mm XDS and had failure to feed issues (there is another thread here discussing the problem so I wont go into that here)

I shipped it back to Springfield last Monday and I'll have it back tomorrow

I am also a Glockboy. My carry piece was a G19 Gen4 and I also have a G22 Gen 4 (40 cal)

I could feed those Glocks anything and they would go bang!

But, damn, I love the feel of the XDS in my hand. (I'm getting too bid a fat roll and the G19 kept digging into my muffin top side)

The XDS in a IWB holster felt great

8. atrain311

atrain311 New Member

I love your honesty. I'd love to carry appendix, but my growing gut put a stop to that, lol.

9. atrain311

atrain311 New Member

Okay, so I got my Mod 2 in .45 on Christmas eve and shot it yesterday. I'm simply amazed. I was really nervous about perceived recoil, since I never shot a .45 before. I was so surprised by how manageable it was. Does this make sense?...I shot it more accurately than my 9mms. I didn't bring a nine with me to compare at that moment, but I was double tapping and center mass more consistently than I was with my Glocks. So, my questions are, anyone else shoot a .45 better, do you think it is more to do with the caliber or do you think it has to do with it being the XD versus the Glock? Thanks in advance.

10. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Probably the XD versus the Glock. I've never owned a Glock,have no intention of going down that road,but I've had instances that I could shoot more powerful guns more accurately than lower powered ones,even guns in the same caliber.

11. atrain311

atrain311 New Member

If that's the case, this could be an expensive switch-over, haha.

I have to say, the POW! of the .45 felt great compared to the crack of my 9s and then seeing the results made it even more exhilarating. Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of either, but that .45 is a big hunk of lead.

12. Deafdog

Deafdog New Member

Congrats! I'm into Glocks, love my mod 21, .45. But I'm first a .45 fan. I now have the Glock21, Springfield mod 2 .45 and Springfield 1911 .45.:D

13. atrain311

atrain311 New Member

My wife sent me a picture of a billboard she passed in Tennessee on a business trip. It said something to the point of "if you can recall all the names of the guns you own, you don't own enough" lol. Truth! I'm going broke, but it's site fun, haha. Merry Christmas, everyone.

14. ucidad06

ucidad06 New Member

I believe it's the XD
    Never could shoot a Glock
    Served 20 in the Marines
    1911 is a good gun, but like my XD better

15. atrain311

atrain311 New Member

I have to admit, it's really got me thinking that. I'm wondering if I bought an XD in 9mm, would I shoot that even better than the mod 2 I just got in .45, since 9s are supposed to be "easier" to shoot. I'm wondering what the Mod 2 in 9mm would be like.

But here's my interesting point. I know the great benefits to 9mm are supposed to be capacity and less recoil. Well, if I can handle the recoil of .45 as I did with the mod 2, capacity is the X factor. But here in NY, I'm only allowed 10 rounds, so am I better off with 10 rounds of 9mm or ten rounds of .45. Capacity seems to be a moot point due to NYS law.

16. ucidad06

ucidad06 New Member

10 rounds of .45 is a better choice
    I'm in Cali and limited to 10 round too

17. atrain311

atrain311 New Member

I wish our states would get their heads out of their butts.

18. everyday

everyday New Member

For Me, it ended up being an XD vs Glock thing, I just shoot my Xd better............and consequently, my Glock was adopted by a nice new family. The lady promised to love it as if she were the original owner. :)

19. atrain311

atrain311 New Member

I'm wondering if that's the route I'm going to have to take. Although, my G26 is still my baby. But my G19 might have to go. I'm not sure about my G43, because XD doesn't make something that small, do they? The XDs is a bit bigger and heavier, right?