Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy an XDE 45 with the intent of installing a Langdon Trigger job in a bag. Has any one done that and if so what was your experience with the result?

·
90 Posts
Good morning GentlemanJim. Thanks for joining and posting. Really can't help you specifically with your inquiry. I'm generally not in favor of changing much, except sights maybe, on a weapon if it's going to be used for concealed carry. If that's your plan for the XDE I'd wait and see how the factory trigger feels and how well you shoot it. It might fit the bill as is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your input. I have done several trigger jobs from Langdon on my Beretta's.
I have looked at and pulled the trigger on the XDE in a gun shop. I was doing a little research before i bought. Thanks again, Jim

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did not know they made the XDE in 45acp, I have one in 9mm will have to check on 45acp
have never seen one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will do, it will take atr least to get on my permit dur to Covid restrictions, but I will follow up..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am about to buy an XDE 45 with the intent of installing a Langdon Trigger job in a bag. Has any one done that and if so what was your experience with the result?
I have Springfield Armory XD .45 Tactical 5 " & won the Steel Challenge shoot .I installed the XS sight Big Dot tritium sights.it's a tack driver. I don't have a problem with the trigger.I also have the XDM.45 competition 5" it has adjustable sights . It's also a joy to shoot.I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have Springfield Armory XD .45 Tactical 5 " & won the Steel Challenge shoot .I installed the XS sight Big Dot tritium sights.it's a tack driver. I don't have a problem with the trigger.I also have the XDM.45 competition 5" it has adjustable sights . It's also a joy to shoot.I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
It is great to hear you shoot a steel challenge using a .45 and won. What calibre were others using or was it only for .45? What level, state, regional, club?

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is great to hear you shoot a steel challenge using a .45 and won. What calibre were others using or was it only for .45? What level, state, regional, club?
It was a Wounded Warrior Veterans event no it was rimfire & Center fire some had .45 , .40 S&W ,10mm ,9mm and .22LR rim fire . they also had the pistol caliber carbine both center fire & rim fire because of the ammo shortage many did not shoot center fire events .They ALSO had a 3 gun event , Bowling pin event the .45 shines in the Pin event & falling plates event .I shoot pins with my own cast 230 grain lead Flat points .

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am absolutely astounded that there is a shortage of ammunition in any state. What has caused the shortage? I have loaded my own pistol and rifle ammunition since around 1998. Much cheaper and i know what works. keep a few boxes of factory ammunition as required in certain situations and locations. Love 3 gun events.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am absolutely astounded that there is a shortage of ammunition in any state. What has caused the shortage? I have loaded my own pistol and rifle ammunition since around 1998. Much cheaper and i know what works. keep a few boxes of factory ammunition as required in certain situations and locations. Love 3 gun events.
I also hand load but primers are just as hard to get as factory ammunition .

·
Registered
87 Posts
Government, takes ammo away guns are useless, they started with the restricted magazines now is 0 capacity magazines.

·
Registered
87 Posts
read and comprehend my entire post, and NY went 7 round limit a year or so.

"While New York's magazine limit is 10 rounds loading a magazine with more than 7 is illegal even with CCW permit".

·
Registered
128 Posts
read and comprehend my entire post, and NY went 7 round limit a year or so.

"While New York's magazine limit is 10 rounds loading a magazine with more than 7 is illegal even with CCW permit".
Your entire post consists of 19 words. Also that change occurred under President Trump. biden is now president and he has said much but little in the way of firearm changes in law. If the public in NY want change they need to rid themselves of a democrat governor. States still have some power ad in NY they have spoken. Anything else?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Your entire post consists of 19 words. Also that change occurred under President Trump. biden is now president and he has said much but little in the way of firearm changes in law. If the public in NY want change they need to rid themselves of a democrat governor. States still have some power ad in NY they have spoken. Anything else?
Yes you're right !!

·
Registered
128 Posts
All members will at all times have their views and express them without fear or favour. Views possibly that others will not agree with but that is their prerogative. Few if any will ever agree on any one point but all points of view will and must be heard and then others or none can make up their own minds. For instance, i hate Glocks, Beretta, Llama and Star pistols. Yet i guarantee you i can find thousands that disagree with my comments, as you possibly will. Have a great day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
All members will at all times have their views and express them without fear or favour. Views possibly that others will not agree with but that is their prerogative. Few if any will ever agree on any one point but all points of view will and must be heard and then others or none can make up their own minds. For instance, i hate Glocks, Beretta, Llama and Star pistols. Yet i guarantee you i can find thousands that disagree with my comments, as you possibly will. Have a great day.
I Like Glocks & Beretta Pistols ! L😆L , L😆L ,L😆L , L😆L !!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts