Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just recieved 2 new 15 mags in the mail I order, the springs are tight or I'm showing my age.

Anyway I recieved my Hellcat in December, I'm pretty sure I have the Gen 1 trigger. What is the difference between the two?

Should I purchase the Gen 2 or is there a aftermarket better one?

Thanks all for educating me on this weapon of mine.

Chris
Chapin SC
(Retired LE & Firearms Instructor)

PS
RETIRED LE & MILITARY, I Do SC CWP Training FREE.... SC also issues Free CWP.

·
496 Posts
Hello. In my opinion ALL Hellcat mags are probably tight when new. I don't know how much they loosen up because I've only had my Hellcat a couple months. I own 8 Hellcat mags: 3 of the 13 rd. and 5 of the 11 rd. (No 15s). I have to press quite hard to load any of them to capacity--but I typically load all mags to one less than capacity anyway.

Regarding the trigger, Springfield Armory told me that the Gen 2 trigger has been standard on all Hellcats except for those produced in the first 6 months of production.

If you call Springfield and give them your serial number, they will tell you when yours was made and verify whether or not you have a Gen 2 trigger.

There are probably LIGHTER aftermarket triggers but are they BETTER?
If I ever had to go to court for using a firearm defensively, I would want that weapon to be STOCK. Modifications give potential ammo to lawyers. Depending on how one carries, a lighter trigger can potentially be less safe; however, you probably know what you are doing.

I hope you enjoy your Hellcat. Happy shooting!

·
Registered
2021 Springfield Hellcat 9mm
5 Posts
Great point about the modifications. I traded a Glock for this Hellcat and it had a flat faced trigger. Thought about the problems that could potentially cause in the current climate of the court system, even here in Texas. This one will remain stock. I wish the trigger weren't so far forward when ready to shot though...common to most pistols, makes it harder to get your finger on it good in a hurry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts