Freedom Arms - A Dangerous Addiction

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by pokute, Aug 23, 2015.

1. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Even if you tell yourself "Only if it's an impossible deal", it will happen. I'm too embarrassed to say what I sold to pay for these, let's just say I ain't no virgin!

From top to bottom:

• M83 353 Casull (357 loaded to produce carbine velocity from a handgun) 9" - Field Grade silhouette model. 4 pounds.
    • M83 454 Casull 7.5" - Premier Grade with rare undercut Patridge Sight.
    • M83 "Casull 45 Colt" 6" - Premier Grade - Rare variation.
    • M83 44 Magnum Packer 3" - Premier Grade - Fixed sights and No Ejector.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Which Models...83 or 97 !?

Which Calibers...!?

3. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Yeah what he ^^^^^^ said..... We needs more info so we know what we're drooling about.

4. pokute

Oops. Added description.

5. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Liking that Packer!

6. pokute

Tin Cup Sports, Wayne Baker's (Founder of FA) sales venture, has a NIB Packer in 454 with adjustable sights for something north of $3k.

The Packer is my favorite gun, period. A walloping load under a 300gr bullet in that thing will get you out of any situation. Someday I'll get a pic of me shooting it with the 25 feet of muzzle blast lighting up the whole range. Skeeter would have loved it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  7. pokute

Well, I was on the phone with Wayne Baker for an hour or so yesterday, and I pulled the switch on a 4.75" M83 Premier with 454, 45LC, and 45ACP cylinders. Ivory Micrata grips and flutes on the 45LC and 45ACP cylinders. Better not to talk about the price. I recommend everybody else here get one too, then we can all sit around eying each other wondering what kind of idiot spends that much for anything other than a car. Possible 6 month delivery. Possible 18 months delivery.

Anybody who thinks I'm braggin' should consider how many guns I needed to sell to cover this deal. It was agony. To paraphrase Bill Burroughs, who was talking about something else entirely: "An FA gun isn't a kick, it's a way of life... Don't do it. Not even once.".

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015