Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, I'll be going out tomorrow to break it in. I'll be posting it for sure. My 18 year old daughter wants to give it a go as well.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Welcome to the Springfield Forum.

I have an XDs in 45 cal and have been enjoying it for a couple of years now and think you will like the 9mm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, cycled about 60-70 rounds through it. Trigger felt tight (I was also shooting a .40 glock) by comparison. Oiled it after shooting and the slide seems to move easier and smoother. Should I have A. Oiled before shooting? B. Is there a trigger kit I can purchase that makes it more of a smoother pull? Or will that happen over use?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok, cycled about 60-70 rounds through it.
Trigger felt tight (I was also shooting a .40 glock) by comparison. Oiled it after shooting and the slide seems to move easier and smoother. Should I have A. Oiled before shooting? B. Is there a trigger kit I can purchase that makes it more of a smoother pull? Or will that happen over use?
60-70 thats okay for a 1st trip, most will say 300 rds is an
okay break in. Ah, yeah should have cleaned and did safety
/ function inspection "before" going to the range.
Hate to ask . . .did you read the manual? yet . . .
Everything should loosen up, the parts just need to get to know
each other. Trigger should also get better, give it some cycles first.

Welcome Citizen !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
60-70 thats okay for a 1st trip, most will say 300 rds is an
okay break in. Ah, yeah should have cleaned and did safety
/ function inspection "before" going to the range.
Hate to ask . . .did you read the manual? yet . . .
Everything should loosen up, the parts just need to get to know
each other. Trigger should also get better, give it some cycles first.

Welcome Citizen !

Yes, I read the manual but it did not say to clean or lubricate prior to use. I've spoken to some other XDS owners and they've all said the same thing. Give it some time and use. Thanks again for all the tips!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, I read the manual but it did not say to clean or lubricate prior to use. I've spoken to some other XDS owners and they've all said the same thing. Give it some time and use. Thanks again for all the tips!
correct it doesn't tell you when to clean and lube.
it'll come with time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts