First shots through new M1A!

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1A Rifle' started by SGTP0311, Mar 25, 2016.

1. SGTP0311

SGTP0311 New Member

I fired my first 44 rounds (3 different types of ammo) through my standard walnut M1A today. Unbelievably accurate and easy to sight-in. What a fantastic rifle. I have two ARs, and carried an M16A2 in the USMC infantry in Gulf War 1, but I am convinced that the M1A is the best battle-rifle available. Deadly accurate. Highly effective killing power. Excellent range. Proven battle history. What a great rifle. Saving up for a Scout/squad next.

2. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

Sounds like wayyyyy too much fun!

Glad to see you like the M1. I have fond memories of shooting them as well.

3. bart

bart New Member

I just bought mine a week ago and I have put 120 rounds of multiple manufacture. So far the only ammo my gun hates is the Monarch steel .308 rounds. The brass Monarch rounds fire 100%, but their steel cased Ammon has fifty percent failure rate. The firing pin hits the primer. But half the time it does not discharge. I have run about 2000 rounds of Monarch through my pistol with zero failures.

4. ThreeTango

ThreeTango Well-Known Member

Welcome Bart.
    Go by our introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself.
    and maybe post a pic of the M1A.

5. ray55classic

ray55classic New Member

I bought my first M1A in 1984' & I distinctly remember not being able to stop grinning for over a month,
    I still to this day break a smile every time I fire a round off in one of my "girls" .

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  6. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Senior Member

I carried on in the military and have a SOCOM 16. I couldn't agree more.

7. markb

markb New Member

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am the proud owner of a brand- new M1A Scout Squad, walnut stock. Have not fired it yet, am still in awe of the rifle and can't quit looking at it. A range visit is planned very soon!

8. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Mark #3,I call you that because we have a couple other Marks on here ;) . We love pics by the way.