Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be getting my first AR for home defense. Already put half down. I am concerned with what I am hearing about the SAINT Victor 556. Sounds like it has issues with casings extracting and jamming the bolt carrier. With this being a home defense i'm concerned, this may have reliability issues. Anybody have an idea with how common this issue is? At a you age had my first 22 rifle fail to eject a spent shell casing only to have the next round go off inside of the firearm. Thankfully it was only a 22 cal but sounds like the saint may lead to the same issue. REALLY CONCERNED, any comments are appreciated!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry, I don't have any experience with the Springfield AR's, but the youtube video I saw about the problem is pretty concerning....why did you choose the Saint Victor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Will be getting my first AR for home defense. Already put half down. I am concerned with what I am hearing about the SAINT Victor 556. Sounds like it has issues with casings extracting and jamming the bolt carrier. With this being a home defense i'm concerned, this may have reliability issues. Anybody have an idea with how common this issue is? At a you age had my first 22 rifle fail to eject a spent shell casing only to have the next round go off inside of the firearm. Thankfully it was only a 22 cal but sounds like the saint may lead to the same issue. REALLY CONCERNED, any comments are appreciated!
I've not had a single issue with my SA Victor. In fact, I love it. It's well made and for a 7.5" barrel, the accuracy is incredible. Now granted I'm using an Eotech with it, but for home defense you're going to get a number of people that tell you 556 in a short barrel is defeating the purpose and you should go with 300 blk. All that aside...this AR pistol is extremely well made. Keep it clean, keep it lubed and put in range time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts