Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a bit of research and it turns out the Glock locking bar if shortened in height will fit the Hellcat slot on the frame, the Baldor Mini comes with the Glock bar and a 1913 bar they are interchangeable depend on your need to mount. So I'm trying to modify the locking bar on a O Light to fit the Hellcat.
It appears that the Glk bar fits front to back/thickness wise,just have to take the height down from 0.120 to around 00.75 or at least what my calipers is telling me.
I clamped the Glock bar in my machinist's vise and reduced the height to 00.75 in height,I found that with the bar installed in the mount, that a Eze Lap hone fits with just a smidge of clearance.
So back and forth starting with a medium quickly takes down the aluminum locking partook it down to00.77 and then switched to the fine hone to 00.75.
It fits perfect with a snap, slid the light body on and adjusted to where it works for easy activation then locked down the levers I have 3 of the Baldor Mini's now the Hellcat has one dedicated to it,It was a easier modification than it sound like it maybe so if you have a Baldor Mini and want to use it on your Hellcat why not go for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took a dremel to mine, and as long as you grind the bar and fasteners evenly, the lug fits and holds the light securely. That's how bad I wanted the OLight to work - really wanted that laser + light output that's brighter than streamlight's sucky 100lumen only-hellcat option. Pictured is their latest version which is 800 lumens (I think).
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took a dremel to mine, and as long as you grind the bar and fasteners evenly, the lug fits and holds the light securely. That's how bad I wanted the OLight to work - really wanted that laser + light output that's brighter than streamlight's sucky 100lumen only-hellcat option. Pictured is their latest version which is 800 lumens (I think). View attachment 2519
Same here,I wanted the light laser combo and the modification is not difficult at all.
O light should offer separately a locking bar for the Hellcat,wonder how many sales they loose because when you call them to ask they are clueless of how to adapt their light to a Hellcat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts