Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased the Ronin EMP 3”
Returned to factory 2x… 1st time was FTF… and lite strikes ..factory replaced main spring and milled and polished feed ramp … cycled 188 rounds after return and 189 wouldn’t fire … factory replaced firing pin…after return cycled 1 box .. no issues … hope this is finally fixed
Purchased 4” EMP last week … same issues … packing it up Monday to return.
I also picked up a 9mm Garrison and had FTF issues also…
But I have 2 other Springfield’s .. both 5” have had no issues whatsoever…
I’m at a loss to explain… you would think .. these pistols would come from the factory without issues …and shouldn’t require 500 rounds to break them in

·
464 Posts
I had to return my original EMP4 Champion, but it was because of an ejector issue. You've had a run of bad luck for sure, but at least Springfield is good about fixing issues with their weapons. It is a hassle though and frustrating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very frustrating … I have faith in the Springfield 5” Ronin 9mm and Mil-Spec .45 …I’ve run 100’s of rounds thru them w/o issues but the 3 new guns have been questionable … both the 3”& 4” EMP’s are Ronin… they are to be my CCW… I just want reliability
The Garrison was also Milled and polished … now I’m changing out my magazines to see if the FTF issues are with the Magazines … I’m at a loss … am not giving up … I’ll keep sending them back until their right

·
Registered
Chambers Built GI,Combat Operator,RO 9MM OP, LW Champ OP, MilSpec Meusoc,GI Micro, RoninEMP,Garrison
11 Posts
My 4” ronin EMP had issues with one imported brand of 9mm, switched to more main stream brands and it has been flawless since. Close too 1000 rounds without a hitch. Love that gun.
Trigger Gesture Air gun Finger Gun barrel

Photograph Jersey Sleeve Font Sports gear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts