Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just shot my brand new Hellcat micro OSP yesterday. Living in CA, this was a massive accomplishment to be able to find one of these not being a cop. It's a lot snappier than I expected but shot great nonetheless and I didn't have any malfunctions. I kept shooting to the left with it but it must have just been me because my shooting partner was able to shoot straight with it no prob. (My excuse to get a red dot for it.) The trigger feels pretty much identical to a Glock 19/Glock 26. The photo below is after 50 rounds of regular Winchester 115gr FMJ target ammo. You are looking at the rear left slide rail. The front left isn't as bad but has some wear on it too. Front right rail also has some wear.

Just curious if this is a normal amount of wear after only 50 rounds (gun was properly lubed). Would appreciate if anyone could post a photo of their rails with their approximate round count.

Thanks!

Sleeve Air gun Automotive design Hood Trigger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinking it’s a holster issue. Here’s my only wear (very light) on front and I practice dry firing dozens of times daily. Of course, if were used, former owner may have did some touch up on it. Changing my tune, probably dropped and tried to clean, looks like it was sanded.
I'm referring to the rails that hold the slide (once the slide is removed). The gun was brand new when I purchased it and was never holstered. That's just wear from shooting the first 50 rounds which wasn't there before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Take a look at the slide and feel to see if there are any burrs or rough areas in the rail groove on that side. I know you said it was properly lubed but I don't see any lube in the picture. Maybe you wiped it off before taking the pic. It does appear to be a little excessive.
I just slid a pick through the rails and didn't feel any rough areas or burrs anywhere. The slide itself barely even had any wear on it. And yes, that pic was after I cleaned it. When I was shooting, it was lubed with Gun Butter.

I'm taking an XD to a gunsmith next week so I'll bring the Hellcat along and ask him his opinion. Springfield will probably just tell me to send it in and might not give me an opinion over the phone/email.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you guys for your responses. I watched a couple hellcat cleaning videos on youtube and everybody's has similar wear. I guess it's normal. And yes, my Hellcat has that plunger as well. I believe all do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts