Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got the itch for the new EMP Ronin. I have an EMP 4 and I love it. I am trying to get a feel on what issues people are experiencing with the new EMP Ronin. I keep reading of many “Failure to Feed” issues.

Any input would be most appreciated

·
464 Posts
I'm for folks buying as many guns as they want. I was just wondering why you might want an EMP Ronin when you already had an EMP 4? If you don't have a commander or full size 1911 you might consider the Ronin in one of those configurations. I know people, though, that have more than one of the exact same firearm and there are a number of good reasons for that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm for folks buying as many guns as they want. I was just wondering why you might want an EMP Ronin when you already had an EMP 4? If you don't have a commander or full size 1911 you might consider the Ronin in one of those configurations. I know people, though, that have more than one of the exact same firearm and there are a number of good reasons for that.
You raise a great question. I guess, one, is I love the EMP platform. Since I have a 4 inch I would like a 3 inch plus I like that it will be around 6 oz lighter. Second, It is an awesome looking gun.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Failure to feed if you load only say 3-5 rounds? What is the length of your rounds in thou ? I use only 1.12 thou length. I find FTF issues are magazine spring related the mag spring is to powerful and the top round refused to feed as the slide comes forward, cut of one coil. Yes if you do that it still works. Also the lips of the magazine are not correct, as the front does not allow the round To tilt up. Or the follower does not allow around to sit correctly. A pistol at the price of SA Ronin and others i expect 100% for that pistol to function 100% at all times, period. If you load 1 round what happens?

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
67 Posts
Outstanding, and very glad to hear. Keep us posted with updates as needed, and continue to shoot in great health.

Range Time = Quality Time. Stock Up & Stay Safe!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had zero problem feeding all sorts of factory ammo from full mag with my EMP 4" Through break in and beyond I kept it clean and well lubed...and absolutely nothing failed to feed, go figure. I am experimenting with different lubes and so far, it hasn't mattered what I use as long as (like all 1911's) it's well lubed. So far, it has been less picky on lubes than my full size's have been over the years. light gun grease to Wilson Universal...all run. Of course, it will have to be checked in real cold this winter but usually I wouldn't use a synthetic grease on a 1911 in the winter anyway so...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had all kinds of issues and nonsense with my Ronin EMP 3”. Tried 4 different brands and weights of HP ammo… would not fire, nothing. FMJ worked fine. Sent it back to Springfield on their dime. I have yet to find anything it won’t fire since it’s return. After I got it back I ran 300rds of mixed weights and types (FMJ and JHP) of ammo thru it. Not one problem, pulled the trigger and it went bang. I was relieved as I really like the gun. Now I can trust it. It has had an additional 300+ rounds thru it to date and still 100% reliable. It is the one I choose most often to carry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Ronin EMP 4" has run flawlessly no matter the ammo that I run through it.
My 4" is at the factory now. It would jam and tie up the slide. I have been shooting over fifty years and have never had a handgun jam like that. I am sure Springfield will make it right.
How did your Ronin 4” function when it was returned? I just sent mine back FTF issues also and same Jam issues … also had Lite strike issues … and noticed the firing pin didn’t always fully retract..wrote it all up .. less than 200 rounds thru the gun
Also have. 3” Ronin …
Sent it back twice..,
Main spring and firing pin replaced along with milling receiver and Feed ramp
I am committed to Springfield products ..
but these seem like QC and possibly design issues.. that should have been addressed

·
Registered
Chambers Built GI,Combat Operator,RO 9MM OP, LW Champ OP, MilSpec Meusoc,GI Micro, RoninEMP,Garrison
11 Posts
Have had my Ronin EMP 4” for a few months now and it has ran flawlessly. I love this gun. I am definitely thinking about getting the 3” down the road
Trigger Gesture Air gun Finger Gun barrel

Photograph Jersey Sleeve Font Sports gear

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
67 Posts
OK, quick request from the 'Field Forum...

What are your thoughts of the EMP 4/Ronin 4 vs the SIG P210 Carry? "Similar" SAO all metal single stacked 9mm's, so I'm curious what you all think. THX

·
Registered
Chambers Built GI,Combat Operator,RO 9MM OP, LW Champ OP, MilSpec Meusoc,GI Micro, RoninEMP,Garrison
11 Posts
OK, quick request from the 'Field Forum...

What are your thoughts of the EMP 4/Ronin 4 vs the SIG P210 Carry? "Similar" SAO all metal single stacked 9mm's, so I'm curious what you all think. THX
Sigs are great guns so I hear. But for carry I like the flatness of the 1911 , love how they sit tight against my side when iwb.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts