Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was adjusting my reloader to be able to load some 9mm 100 gr loadssome thing wrong with. I finished setting up the dies and ran a case thru all stations (no powder or primer). I seated a bullet to the correct length and put it in my magazine and cycled it into the chamber. The bolt did not close completely with the barrel back about 1/2" of locking. I am not able to pull the slide back. Obviously, there is something wrong with the cartridge. It checked out ok in my gauge. Does anyone have an idea how to move the slide back?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had that problem develop on the range a little over a week ago. I had fired a Blazer 9mm 115 grain. I had fired 3 mags no problem, this happened on the 5th round of the 4th mag. The spent round was ejected and the slide locked back. I tried to rack the slide to no avail. Removed the mag and tried again, no go. I ended up calling Springfield and sending it in under warranty. Thus far I do not know the cause.

·
351 Posts
One possible issue is the ejector worked loose. That happened on my EMP4 Champion, but I didn't have a round in the chamber. It locked when I attempted to rack the slide in preparation for cleaning after a range session. The ejectors on the original EMP's are glued in place and some of them don't hold. I sent it to Springfield and they pinned it in place at no charge. If your EMP is the newer Ronin model then I believe the ejector is already pinned, so that wouldn't be the issue in your case.

·
Registered
113 Posts
WV -- hope you're right about fixing the ejector.

Ya'll ain't gonna believe this -- this morning Mrs Tinyman looked at me from across the kitchen table and said,

"When was the last time you bought a gun?"

Well, as I was trying to figure out how to answer, she added,

"Why don't you pick one out?" Thinking the EMP 3".

Sure do love this little lady.

Reactions: WVSurveyor

·
351 Posts
WV -- hope you're right about fixing the ejector.
My Ronin .45 Commander has a pinned ejector from the factory.
From the picture of the EMP3 that's disassembled on Springfields website you can see the pin that holds the ejector.

It's on the pic that's captioned "Forged for the 9mm Cartridge" and is right above and near the front end of the safety.

1911 Ronin® EMP® 3" 9mm Handgun - Springfield Armory (springfield-armory.com)

Sounds like you got a keeper there Tinyman.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My Ronin .45 Commander has a pinned ejector from the factory.
From the picture of the EMP3 that's disassembled on Springfields website you can see the pin that holds the ejector.

It's on the pic that's captioned "Forged for the 9mm Cartridge" and is right above and near the front end of the safety.

1911 Ronin® EMP® 3" 9mm Handgun - Springfield Armory (springfield-armory.com)

Sounds like you got a keeper there Tinyman.
I do have a keeper -- 18 September 1971 -- got too much invested :giggle:

Reactions: WVSurveyor
1 - 6 of 6 Posts