Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new here but not new to the gun world :)

I have a situation. I completely lost my front sight. can't find it. Anyone could please get me the exact size/measure for the EMP 3 ?
I would really appreciate your guidance. Love the gun, but it's been just sitting in the safe for months now, because I cannot find the exact measure for it to buy a replacement.

Thank you

·
Registered
181 Posts

I have a situation. I completely lost my front sight. can't find it. Anyone could please get me the exact size/measure for the EMP 3 ?
I would really appreciate your guidance. Love the gun, but it's been just sitting in the safe for months now, because I cannot find the exact measure for it to buy a replacement.

Thank you
Try ringing the dealer whom you purchased it from and or any other dealer. The manufacturer on their web site would have details but much more, actual spares. If not they could direct you a dealer of theirs that has a spare front sight. Use your pistol model number.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try ringing the dealer whom you purchased it from and or any other dealer. The manufacturer on their web site would have details but much more, actual spares. If not they could direct you a dealer of theirs that has a spare front sight. Use your pistol model number.
I appreciate all your responses, unfortunately i bought this thought brand new, but from a private party.
i thin the issue is that there are several heights of these front sights. And I read on some sites, that most after market sights don’t fit properly. I’ll give it a shot to contact springf again. I did it like 2 months ago but never read back from them :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate all your responses, unfortunately i bought this thought brand new, but from a private party.
i thin the issue is that there are several heights of these front sights. And I read on some sites, that most after market sights don’t fit properly. I’ll give it a shot to contact springf again. I did it like 2 months ago but never read back from them :(

·
115 Posts
Did you get an owners manual? If so, the pistol diagram should give you a part number for the front sight and pin (if needed). You can then order one from Springfield. If you don't have the manual maybe someone here can look it up in theirs or Springfield will be able to look it up.

·
115 Posts
I'm a little confused about what you actually lost. Can you post a picture? Does the pin hold only the sight bead or the whole front sight? I'm thinking the sight is dovetailed into the slide and all that was lost is the bead. If that's the case you can maybe just buy some fiber optic material and install it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you get an owners manual? If so, the pistol diagram should give you a part number for the front sight and pin (if needed). You can then order one from Springfield. If you don't have the manual maybe someone here can look it up in theirs or Springfield will be able to look it up.
I don’t recall having an owner’s manual in the box but I’ll look. Is truly appreciate it if someone could look it up in theirs. I contacted yesterday Springfield but so far I have not received a response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a little confused about what you actually lost. Can you post a picture? Does the pin hold only the sight bead or the whole front sight? I'm thinking the sight is dovetailed into the slide and all that was lost is the bead. If that's the case you can maybe just buy some fiber optic material and install it.
The entire front sight is gone, not just the pin unfortunately. I’m trying to figure out how to post a couple pictures here, so you can see.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The entire front sight is gone, not just the pin unfortunately. I’m trying to figure out how to post a couple pictures here, so you can see.
EAB3CA63-68D2-4BA9-B2E0-8E5E31E4B5D0.jpeg

·
115 Posts
Pretty weird how a sight can work its way out of a dovetail. I looked at my Springfield 1911's and don't see where any of them have that front sight pin. I would think you could get hold of someone like Dawson Precision and show them those pics. They could tell you which front sight would match up with your existing rear sight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update:
I just got this email from Springfield
: “
Good morning,
The front sight height would be .140 for your EMP. That model would have come with night sights and we do not sell or send out night sights for our firearms. You would be able to send your slide in to our facility and have our Custom shop install the front sight for approximately $75 plus shipping/handling.

Trisha K | Customer Service
Team Springfield
420 West Main Street
Geneseo, IL 61254

800-680-6866
[email protected]
www.springfield-armory.com

I guess I’ll just have to make up my mind whether to order a new front sight or spend the $75 + s/h
any suggestions ? I have a couple more weapons so I wouldn’t be without any protection while this is gone, since I assume it’ll take at least a month.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thank you
Contact Springfield. They’ll probably send you a replacement free of charge👍

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Contact Springfield. They’ll probably send you a replacement free of charge👍
I did and I heard this from others as well, but unfortunately after I contacted Springfield, all they did is they gave me the proper heights for the sight based on my serial number and offered me to get it fixed for $75 plus s/h. These sights are anywhere from $30-$50 plus the install so I think I’ll have them do it, since I cannot do it myself.
I truly appreciate everyone’s input and answers! It looks like all will be good I. About 2-4 weeks based on what Springfield says.
thank you all!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Why can you not replace front sight yourself. Looks straight forward, slide it in, centre it and put the pin in. All of 5 minutes work. If you gently tap it in, from left to right, if to tight a bit of sandpaper will take 1 thouh off or so, easy. If i can replace a rear sight should be easy for you on the front sight. All it needs in to be pushed in, it fell out so it will not be tight and what holds it in is the pin.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts